PDA

View Full Version : Important info on Won heaters

Tomzpc
02/16/2004, 09:14 PM
Check out this thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320382), especially if you have any Won Pro-heat titanium heaters! Scary stuff. I use one of these in my 32 gallon pre-mixed saltwater pail in my basement. I wonder if anyone has opened up a Via Aqua heater since I know that several of us are using those.

Franks Reef
02/16/2004, 09:53 PM
Tom,

I was told not to use these Won Bros. heaters when I first got into this hobby/obsession because the thermostats were failing and peoples tanks were frying. Been using Via Aqua from day one with no problem.If it ain't broke....don't fix it!! is my motto!!:D

Tomzpc
02/16/2004, 11:33 PM
I use the Via Aquas on my tank too Frank but even they make me nervous after reading a number of horror stories associated with them too here on RC. I refuse to go back to a glass heater though after almost frying myself after having one break in my sump a few years ago.

andro
02/17/2004, 09:35 AM
I have always been worried about my heater breaking. I have only broken one, and luckilly it was in my salt mixing tank and not my main tank. Any the reason it broke is that I forgot to turn it off after I emptied the tank, so it must have overheated. I think it was a Via Aqua, but any heater wold have broken in that situation.

-Ian

vmiller
02/17/2004, 10:17 AM
Maybe this is why they've caused interference with my X10 system :rolleyes:

Why can't there be a reliable titanium heater out there.

Vin