PDA

View Full Version : Something it ate?

grif
08/06/2001, 10:19 PM
Dr Ron,

I've had a Hadonni Anenome for a few months now and have had great success with it except in one regard -- It hoovers fish right and left. I've been trying to feed at your encouraging, and it has eaten pretty well. But fish do dissapear. The other day the anenome (12" across fully open) apparently ate my Flame Hawk (3.5" nose to tail) and then the carpet looked okay for a day. The next day it had moved from the sand where it had always liked it (after initial wandering) and moved to the top of the rock work.it seemed to be trying to expel something and the next morning was back on the sand and looking real rough. It was smaller than even when arriving by mail and tentacles were almost nonexistant. It stayed that way for a day and its clown even abandoned it. I checked and it was falling apart so I removed it.

Is it possible the Hawk was 'more than it could chew'? Or is this the Hawks post-mortum payback?

rshimek
08/07/2001, 09:51 AM
Hi,

Well, it is possible the hawkfish caused this I would guess, but I would doubt it. On the other hand, without knowing a lot more about the situation, I really can't suggest a cause.

Sorry to be so indefinite, but I really don't think the fish was the problem, but without a lot more specifics, I really can't make a good guess as to what else could have caused the problem.

:strooper: