PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Spot On French

danielma
08/06/2001, 11:18 AM
MY FRENCH IS HAVING A COTTON-LIKE SPOT ON ITS FIN.I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE DISEASE AND HOW TO CURE IT.NOW I AM USING TDC WITH EARLY STAGE DISEASE DOSAGE.WOULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG SHOULD THE DOSAGE BE LAST OR THERE IS ANOTHER MORE EFFECTIVE MEDIC.THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

billsreef
08/06/2001, 03:39 PM
Cottony spots are usually fungal infections. These I find are best treated with malachite green for a week.

BTW what is TDC? I'm not familiar with one.

Aquamans Reef
08/06/2001, 08:28 PM
I've also read on RC that if you feed it vitamin enriced food remove the stressor it will remove itself. Joe

danielma
08/19/2001, 11:24 AM
Aquamans Reef you are right,my french has already recovered by itself.But it got another kind of white spots on its fins.It looks different from the old one.BTW,it eats very much and nothing unusual.Do you (or anyone) have any idea on it?Thanks in advance!!

Shia
01/27/2002, 12:34 PM
if it looks like a form of ick you can try garlic, I realize this post is very old and I was wondering how everything turned out

FMarini
01/27/2002, 11:22 PM
Hi:
I'm Not really sure what i should be focusing on in the photo, but it almost looks lik a bad case of lymphocystsis (the fish equivalent to warts). If itsd the large blob on the underside of the fish then its could be either.
Can you describe whats goin on in your tank and w/ your fish.
What is TDC???
The whitish ragged ends of the fins look like either bacterial infection (w/ ich) or fungus. Did this TDC stuff chew up the fins ends? (like an overdose of this stuff)
frank

ravetildon
04/26/2004, 01:45 AM
any news?