PDA

View Full Version : What fish for my 20 gal nano?

padixon2
02/13/2004, 10:26 AM
Id like to put a fish in my 20 gal and i have some shrooms and polyp rocks. I dont know what I can put in with them given the size of the aquarium. I kind of figured a clownfish, but then I thought it would be really unhappy in a small aquaium? What do you guys think........I also have copepods running amuck at night(kinda why I wanted fish)
Any suggestions??

Schmev
02/13/2004, 11:53 AM
Something tiny like a Neon Goby or else small territorial fish like Watchman Gobies or Grammas. I'd recommend a Jawfish if you use the right substrate and depth of it.

NicoleC
02/13/2004, 12:00 PM
A pair of ocellaris or true perc clowns would be happy in a 20g. They don't venture very far from home in the wild. If you have enough light, a soft coral like a frogspawn will be a good surrogate host, or they may decide to host in your shrooms. (They don't need a host, though, so don't worry about it.)

Watchman gobies (and their shrimp partners, if you want), would also be happy in a 20g, provided you have 2 or 3" of sand for them to live in.

padixon2
02/13/2004, 01:32 PM
i have 3" of sand, but i dont know about the light....its a 10K corrallife flourescent.i doubt thats enough, what do you think?