PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Iwaki?

brians_224
02/11/2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks for your time.

I just installed my new iwaki pump - MD20RLXT. Stupid question...which is the output port on the pump? The one that points in the verticle direction or the one that points towards you? I swear mine is operating backwards from how I think/thought it should be.

TIA

Carrera07
02/11/2004, 12:43 AM
I have the 55RLT, and the one pointing vertical is my output port.

brians_224
02/11/2004, 12:51 AM
thanks for your post.

That's what I thought. The one pointing in the verticle direction should be the output. I couldn't find anything one their web site.

I checked my electrical work. I wired the plug correctly, i even confirmed w/ their tech support before this started. The tank sits in recent new addition - outlet/plug wiring was done by professional. I am running a Ace Brand power strip between.

Any ideas? I'll call tech support in the am, but in the meantime i won't be able to sleep, frustration and concern that I trashed the pump.

Carrera07
02/11/2004, 12:59 AM
So what happens when you turn on the pump? Does it draw water through the veritcal port and spit it out through the one pointing straight?

On my Iwaki, water will drain from the output port and through the input port if I have the motor off.

brians_224
02/11/2004, 01:05 AM
I'm new to this whole game, much too learn!

I filled my tank plugged my pump in, and reached down to feel the out put and nothing, sump began to fill rapidly, sent wife for bailing essentials. She was quick but not quick enough, not too bad though. I'm afraid to mess with it much more 'cus the little 1 page doc say don't run dry and don't restrict intake. Pretty sure both occured for a few seconds during the frenzy.

Thanks again for your time.

Carrera07
02/11/2004, 01:27 AM
I have no clue what is wrong... sorry that I can't be of more help...

brians_224
02/11/2004, 01:31 AM
I appreciate your time and thought!

T Sandman
02/11/2004, 03:20 AM
Your pump had not primed itself. Right now it's chopping up the water and trying to shove it up that tube. You need to help it out by pouring water down the "to tank" line.

Good luck and do it in short bursts or you may fry your pump.

brians_224
02/11/2004, 10:44 AM
I have siphon breaks on my return line. I don't think that they were high enough. Everything I experienced was due to the back siphoning that was occuring.

So I added more holes, higher up but now, output is much too low b/c I'm losing so much through my siphon breaks.

brians_224
02/11/2004, 10:53 AM
I have siphon breaks on my return line. I don't think that they were high enough. Everything I experienced was due to the back siphoning that was occuring.

So I added more holes, higher up but now, output is much too low b/c I'm losing so much through my siphon breaks.