PDA

View Full Version : Fuge Size? ... and Thanxs to everyone.

hurleycr
02/11/2004, 12:04 AM
would a 7" x 10" fuge be to small, to denitrify a 75G tank??

Can it be smaller, or does it need to big bigger. What would be the minimum and it still do it's job.

I also, would like to add this for anyone new to this forum... I have been building a reef tank that is going to be awsome!!! It is completly the result of the people on this forum. I have DIY'D everything so far. Except for my skimmer for my display tank. I have this forum to thank, not a LFS or sales person, but directly the people here. The people here are great, and at least from me very appreciated. Listen to what they have to say, collectively they will help. There is so much too learn, I have never had a question go unanswered. So from me, THANK YOU.

My tank is almost complete after I few little adjustments here and there, I will be ready for live stock in about 2 to 3 months. Im excited!!!

Once again thanks to everyone!!!

Chris

sophie
02/11/2004, 02:07 AM
i think its a little small, for your tank i'd go about 10g for a fine job 20g for a good, solid job. i am putting a 20g on my 50g in the future

despot101
02/11/2004, 11:26 AM
I think you would want something a little bit larger. A small one will help and still do its job to a certain part. I have a 5 gallon fuge on my 29 and think its good enough.