PDA

View Full Version : need help acclimating late arrival

padixon2
02/09/2004, 02:38 PM
Fed Ex delived a shipment of mushroom coral to me late...it was supposed to get here on friday, yikes. Its my first coral and i dont think they are gonna make it, if they are even alive now.
they are sitting in bags in my aquarium with the lights off. I dont know what to do from here, help me please.

Tarasco1
02/09/2004, 02:48 PM
Just use the typical acclimation procedure. Here's some good info for you on how to do it.

http://wetwebmedia.com/acclimat.htm

LowCel
02/09/2004, 02:49 PM
The first thing you need to do is call the company that you bought them from and tell them what happened.

After that the best thing you can do after acclimating the temp is to place them in a bucket and start adding about a shot glass of water every 10 minutes or so. A lot of people recommend the drip method but I'm not all that familiar with that method. Just keep that up until your ph and salinity are the same between the tank and the bucket with the mushrooms.

kmk2307
02/09/2004, 03:22 PM
What kind of corals are / were they? Is the water discolored? Does the water smell? Acclimate them slowly and discard the shipping water. Be sure to complain to the company you bought them from.

Kevin

padixon2
02/09/2004, 03:42 PM
the water is dicolored in some of the bags