PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy for Acrylic

hurleycr
02/08/2004, 10:19 PM
Where can you purchase, Weld #3, or #4.

is this actually the products name, or is this just a general name for it. I tried a google, but all kinds of stuff comes up.

Also, is this the correct epoxy to use? its just for a DIY sump made from 1/4 inch acrylic ... nothing fancy.

I figured I would ask you guys, and gals since you have probably already found the best place to buy this stuff.

Thanks for the help.

dragon_slayer
02/08/2004, 11:02 PM
IPS is the mfg of it, and its called weld-on with several different numbers.

4 would be your better choice of use on 1/4" and its not an epoxy its a water thin liquid that melts and welds the acrylic together.

#40 is a two part that could be concidered an epoxy to an extent, its very strong but not practial for construction, but better as a seam fillet strengthener.

you can get it from regal plastics, that is where i order mine from, but there are quite a few online places as well, most require a minimum order and regal doesnt.

kc

hurleycr
02/08/2004, 11:47 PM
how do you place the order??

Call them directly? I looked on the site and found no prices or instructions on how to order.

Do they have a min. order for acrylic?

dragon_slayer
02/09/2004, 12:22 AM
i just call them up and tell them what i want and they box it up and ship it. no minimum order any time i have ordered. last time i picked up two 5oz tubes of Weld-On #16, its was 15 bucks shipped.

FWIW i order from the one in Ft Worth, dont know if that makes any difference or not.

kc

Zephrant
02/09/2004, 12:30 AM
You have not given your location, but assuming the US, you might check the yellow pages for a company called Laird Plastics. They have offices in most major cities, and have the products you seek.

Zeph