PDA

View Full Version : Rust-Oleum Topside Paint for hood?

FishyMike
02/08/2004, 09:09 PM
After reading many posts about which paint to use for painting the inside of my hood, I went to Home Depot and got a can of Rust-Oleum Marine Coatings Topside Paint. I wanted to make sure this was ok to use for painting my hood since I hadn't seen this exact product mentioned. It also mentions UV protection on the can.

The hood is a couple years old and is starting to show some water damage, so I need something to protect the wood. I am also interested in the reflective qualities of painting the inside of the hood white.

Thanks for your replies,

Mike

FishyMike
02/09/2004, 10:37 AM
How quickly the main page fills up. Does anyone know if this paint is good to use? I hope to start painting tonight.

Thanks!

joedelt
02/15/2004, 05:01 PM
dont know the answer, but im looking for similar ansewrs :)
im building some structures inside my stand and want to seal them.

/john

FishyMike
02/17/2004, 10:14 AM
I contacted Rust-Oleum and they said it was fine for what I was planning.

joedelt
02/17/2004, 10:19 AM
cool mike, how much was the paint?
/john

FishyMike
02/17/2004, 10:20 AM
$10 for a quart I think. I got it at Home Depot.

joedelt
02/17/2004, 10:22 AM
is the Rust-Oleum white, or are you putting that over white paint?
thanks

FishyMike
02/17/2004, 10:45 AM
The Rust-Oleum is a white paint. Its marine grade and also has UV protection. I heard it was good to avoid bottom paint since they have anti-fouling agents which if got into the tank could be bad. When I wrote rust-oleum they verified that the top side does not have anti-fouling agents and would be fine for what I am using it for. As long as its not under water it should be fine.