PDA

View Full Version : Gaget for holding LR above a DSB fuge

WetWilly
02/07/2004, 10:58 AM
I made this in about 15 minutes for a grand total of 5 bux. all parts are 1/2 pvc.
4-tees
4-90 elbows
1-10' pvc pipe
1-milkcrate
cable ties

the pieces connecting the 90's are 10", the pieces connecting the tee's are 13". My DSB is 7-8 inches so i cut the legs accordingly, you'll have to adjust this to your own needs. the milkcrate is cable tied to the rack throught the bottom. the pvc rack is not glued. the hollow tubes slip nicely into the sandbed. there is a 2-3 inch space below the milkcrate to allow water flow. Two of these will fit nicely into a 100 ga rubbermade fuge.

niko5
02/07/2004, 11:25 AM
I cant get the pic to load but i think i can imigin what you made and it sounds like a cool idea.. is it better to have your LR up above the DSB? and why ?

Crims
02/15/2004, 02:20 PM
Do you have any pics of your Refugium/Sump? Would love to see the details?

JC

z_rivers
02/17/2004, 06:18 PM
using commercial food milk crates can be harmful in your reef tank. the plastic can leech chemicals into the water and harm your fish. just a little though before you add that to your tank.

-rivers

ejmeier
02/17/2004, 06:23 PM
You can do the same thing, or something similar, with eggcrate and tie wraps. :)

Just be creative and cut a few pieces of eggcrate to the sizes you need for your rock shelf, then join the corners and edges with a few tie-wraps.

You can also tie-wrap pieces of PVC fittings to the bottom to elevate it off of the bottom/substrate. I use this for tons of stuff. :)