PDA

View Full Version : FS - Underwater Digital Sonny Camera in SoCal

kentonhq
02/05/2004, 07:18 PM
My sister bought me this camera for Christmas from Frys and it does have extended warranty that she bought. It is still in sealed box (with Sonny's tape). I dont have any use for it. THe model is Cyber-shot DSC-U60.

Here is a pic. If you need more info, let me know i can send you the word document with info.

Make me an offer. I will ship.

kentonhq
02/05/2004, 07:20 PM
Here are some more info.:

The Cyber-shot DSC-U60 digital camera's rugged and waterproof design brings picture taking to places users would be cautious in taking a conventional camera: the skateboard park, the side of a mountain and even up to 5 feet underwater!
Fully weatherproof with O-ring sealing closures, the new Cyber-shot U60 is a digital camera designed to meet the rigors of an active lifestyle. Its unique vertical orientation (designed for one-handed operation) and fast start up time (less than a second) ensure that the user remains a part of the activity even when taking a picture.A
The Cyber-shot U60 is designed with a simple-to-use interface, but behind-the-scenes, advanced photographic features work to ensure the user to concentrate on capturing the moment without being distracted by camera settings. Other included features include;
Pre-Flash Metering: For capturing a subject with a scenic background under low-light conditions, the camera illuminates the subject and calculates exposure through the lens directly from the CCD for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and red-eye reduction insure great flash shots.
MPEG Movie Mode (Video only): For those moments when a simple still picture doesn't capture the entire mood, both new digital cameras capture up to 15 seconds of MPEG video (160 x 112 pixel resolution) that are perfect for emailing to family and friends.
Bright LCD Monitor: For framing a picture accurately, the reflective LCD absorbs and reflects the ambient light through the LCD to improve brightness outdoors.
Full Features List
• Active Design: The DSC-U60 has been designed to be durable, yet easy to use. With its unique "one-handed" operation this camera can be taken to more "Active" lifestyles such as the pool, the beach, while skiing, and even underwater.
• Waterproof (5 Foot Depth)(1): Beach, Pool, Ski Slope? Splash Resistant and Waterproof up to 5 feet in depth, the DSC-U60 is the go anywhere camera for any occasion, for any weather condition.
• 1/2.7-inch 2.0 Megapixel Effective Super HAD CCD: Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD's provide excellent image quality by allowing more light to pass to each Pixel, increasing SENSITIVITY and reducing noise.
• Fast Start-up (0.9 sec.): Lets you capture your precious memories at the speed of life, rather than miss "THE" shot, waiting for your camera to start up.
• Pre-Flash Metering: With a momentary pre-flash, the camera illuminates the subject and calculates exposure through the lens directly from the CCD for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and Red-Eye Reduction insure great flash shots.
• Memory Stick Media: Digital. Powerful. Transportable. Memory Stick media is compact, portable and rugged connecting a variety of hardware and software applications.
• Red-Eye Reduction: The Red-Eye Reduction system uses a series of pre-flashes that causes the subject's pupils to contract, reducing the possibility of reflection from the back of the eye that causes the red-eye problem.
• Scene Selection Mode: With 6 Scene Modes (Soft Snap, Illumination Snap, Twilight, Active Outdoor, Vivid Nature, Underwater), the camera parameters are changed to match the shooting conditions.
• 12-Bit DXP A/D Conversion: Sony's 12-bit Digital EXtended Processor captures the range between highlight and shadow with up to 4096 values, for expanded dynamic Contrast and detail.
• 1.0 -inch Hybrid LCD Monitor (64K): Monitors the scene for accurate framing. The Reflective LCD absorbs and reflects the ambient light through the LCD to improve Brightness in sunlight.
• Auto Bright Monitoring: To help framing in low or no-light situations, the CCD Gain is briefly increased to provide an extra bright Display on the LCD viewfinder just before exposure.
• Selectable Picture Size: Select 640 x 480 (VGA) picture size for on-screen viewing and email applications, or 1632 x 1224 (UXGA) picture size great for photo quality 5" x 7" prints.
• VGA Burst Mode: Captures five (5) 640 x 480 frames, which provides the ability to capture fast moving objects in separate files for viewing at a later date.
• MPEG Movie Mode (No Audio): Capture up to 15 seconds of 160 x 112 MPEG video for very small files that are perfect for emailing to family and friends.
• Playback Zoom: During playback, Zoom either 2.5X or 5.0X on the image.
• USB Interface: Allows Digital still images and MPEG1 movies, stored on Memory Stick Media, to be easily transferred to Microsoft Windows operating system compatible or Macintosh computers equipped with USB terminals.
• USB Bus Powered for File Transfer: Using the supplied USB cable, power is supplied to the camera from the PC, allowing for easy transfer of still images and MPEG1 movies directly from the camera to the PC.
• Picture Effects: Select from 4 Picture Effects (Negative Art, Sepia, Black & White, Solarize) to add creativity to ordinary pictures.
• Picture Indexing: Finding a special picture stored on the Memory Stick \ Media is easy with the Picture Index mode. View four images at a time for convenient and quick access to your images.
• Rechargeable NiMH Batteries: Reliable power is provided by Sony's Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) AAA Stamina batteries with supplied external charger.

fairweather
02/05/2004, 10:34 PM
I would hate to insult you but I dont know what they cost but I will start at $50.00

riverreefer
02/05/2004, 11:40 PM
Does it come with the gable etc for downloading to computer. If so, I might be interested at $125.00 shipped to 73049. thanks

fairweather
02/06/2004, 01:20 AM
I looked up the price new and I apologize for the 50 offer it is worth 5X that easy. out of my price range

Originally posted by fairweather
I would hate to insult you but I dont know what they cost but I will start at $50.00

kentonhq
02/06/2004, 10:50 AM
riverreefer, yes it comes with the usb cable. the camera is still in sealed box. if you go to Frys you will see the exact same camera sold for $250.

kentonhq
02/06/2004, 05:49 PM
It is now on eBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2985643438&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

$250 takes it.

kentonhq
02/06/2004, 05:51 PM
Oopppsss...here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2985643438