PDA

View Full Version : digital feeding timer

halfabrain
02/04/2004, 07:06 PM
this is the feeding timer that I put together took all of 20 min to wire and cost around $30 to make. it is very similar to many others that I have seen. I used a $20 digital wall timer the sweet thing about this timer is that I can chose how long I want to shut off the pumps by which button I push. wiring wasn’t all that tough either and I have a very basic knowledge of wiring. I have no digital cam or scanner so pics aren’t able to be posted. its not quite as sexy as melev's but it will do the job nicely and i have 4 options for the time at the push of a button.

1 GE automatic shut off switch (purchased at home depot)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3172729284&category=41984
1 275-218 DPDT Plug In Relay (puchased at radio shack)
1 extension cord
1 box of your choice for mounting it all

Tunjee
04/02/2004, 06:20 PM
That timer switch is perfect! Even has on/off button. Good score!

halfabrain
04/02/2004, 08:29 PM
thanks, it really is great.

olemos
04/02/2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by halfabrain
this is the feeding timer that I put together took all of 20 min to wire and cost around $30 to make. it is very similar to many others that I have seen. I used a $20 digital wall timer the sweet thing about this timer is that I can chose how long I want to shut off the pumps by which button I push. wiring wasn’t all that tough either and I have a very basic knowledge of wiring. I have no digital cam or scanner so pics aren’t able to be posted. its not quite as sexy as melev's but it will do the job nicely and i have 4 options for the time at the push of a button.

1 GE automatic shut off switch (purchased at home depot)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3172729284&category=41984
1 275-218 DPDT Plug In Relay (puchased at radio shack)
1 extension cord
1 box of your choice for mounting it all

do you have the thread to melve's to have a idea of what you made