PDA

View Full Version : Weld-On Warning and children?

shermlock
02/04/2004, 06:48 PM
Well call me a worry wart or a wus but I just got ready to glue my sump together and the warning on the can reads like toxic waste. I have a two year old at home and I am worried about using the stuff in the basement. I am in Michigan and is too cold to use outside so I've got to find a solution. Is the odor real strong or weak? Should I avoid using this stuff until I find a better place? I haven't smeled the stuff so I just don't know how to judge the odor strength.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott

MarkS
02/04/2004, 07:28 PM
I'd just open a window and have a fan blowing the air outside. Also keep the basement door closed. The smell and fumes are not all that strong and probably would not move far from the point of application (cannot say for sure though, I've always used it outside).

I would not worry unless you are using it in the same room with the baby and have no ventilation to the outside. And try not to breath it yourself.

djmacd
02/04/2004, 07:56 PM
Hey I'm in Michigan too. I guess it depends on which weld-on your using. The 16, 4 and 3 smell but not enough to take over your house or even a room. NOW weld-on 40 and 42 which I also use, is enough to get you really really really high. Hey What was I talking about, I guess I should have used better ventillation. It must be the fumes, jk lol.

You should be fine if your using 16,4, or 3. I still wouldn't use it in the same room as your kid though. Just in case, and ventialltion always helps. :eek1:

shermlock
02/04/2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys. I have used 16 and have never had it smell that bad. Then I read the label on 4 and whoa! I was nervous to even open the can! I don't care about myself...too late for that, but I kind of like the boy and would like him to be healthy.

DJ, are you going to the swap?
Scott

djmacd
02/04/2004, 11:15 PM
Well I've been overwhelmed with work this month. This is my busy season with new product coming out, so I have no idea which swap you are talking about. So I guess i am asking , what? when? and where?

shermlock
02/05/2004, 08:42 AM
Check Michiganreefers.com. All the info is there.
Scott