PDA

View Full Version : Gorgonian Frag Placement?

vinstr
02/02/2004, 05:27 PM
I just got a nice frag of some kind of Plexaura Gorgonian (its purple/grey and about 6 inches long and 1 inch thick around.) Its shaped almost exactly like a corndog - the inside stem/stalk extends out about inch from the center of the bottom where it was broken off- there is no rock/base attached.
I just stuck it in the sand deep enough to cover the exposed base and it is now standing straight up - I would have like to put it on the rocks so it could attach but I cannot get it to sit straight up anywhere on the rocks
Is it OK to leave it in the sand like this or should I take a piece of rock, drill a hole in it large enough to stick the frag in it and then place it on the bottom.
I would like to get it to attach to some rock for a base and if I just leave it buried in the sand, I don't see that happening unless it grows its own base...
Any help on the best way to proceed are modt appreciated.

stevemc
02/02/2004, 06:54 PM
I would get a rock and drill a hole in it and superglue the end into it. I would suggest making one from agracrete but it would take weeks to cure. Then just push the rock into the sand. Steve.

Nanook
02/03/2004, 12:20 AM
[moved]