PDA

View Full Version : help my dying xenia and mushroom corals

ReEfeR408
02/02/2004, 04:45 PM
hey, i have a 150 gallon tank w/ a maroon gold bar clown, yellow tail bllue tang, some damsal, 2 eneminies, some pollups, and a candy cane. every thing seems to doing fine but my xenias and corals are shribaling. any body knows whats wrong? my amonia is 0, nitrite and nitrate fairly low, but ph at 8.6

XxDutchxX
02/02/2004, 05:08 PM
2 eneminies, some pollups

What kind of anemones are they? Anyway the xenia is a very weird coral, mine often looks great and then for a couple weeks looks like crap. It seems they either love a tank or just get by in a tank. Anyway your ph is to high and what do you mean by a little nitrates and nitrites. Nitrates are acceptable to a certain level but nitrites are deadly. I would get you ph to around 8.3 for starters. I can tell you that your xenia will indicate when your ph is out of tune.....im sure thats why he looks bad BTW.

datman422
02/04/2004, 12:33 AM
IMO. it is best if you also list your tanks age, setup, lighting, current flow, wet/dry if yougot one, size of refuigium, amount of LR, and LS. and feeding. This will give other fellow reefer an understand of your tank and they will then better assess you on your problem. Good Luck and welcome to Reef Central little bro.