PDA

View Full Version : 2 dursos in one overflow/1to sump/1closed loop?

flyin2jz
02/02/2004, 02:36 PM
I have been trying to find out answers from the guys who have done this... just praying someone knows what im talking about. I have 2 dursos... with 1.5in bulkheads in one overflow that is 9x14 one is going to my sump the other is going to a closed loop. Will these fight each other or work ok once i have them dialed in? I have the one going to the sump slightly higher than the one going to the closed loop, hoping if one pump went off the other one would not get damaged. Any info on this is appreciated. Thanx Kevin here is a pic of the setup

gregt
02/03/2004, 06:54 AM
You souldn't run a durso to a closed loop. You don't want air going into the pump. Bad for the pump and it's just going to get blasted right back into the tank again.

IF you were to get this to work, which would only happen if you have a much smaller flow through the closed loop than through the sump, you would need to raise the sump drain as high as possible and completely submerge (as low as possible) the intake for the closed loop. This would prevent air from entering the closed loop intake.

I think you're going to have a hard time getting this to work. Personally, I would just run an intake up over the side and down into the tank. It works just fine. The only hassle is priming the pump, but once it's primed, it works just as well as a drilled hole.