PDA

View Full Version : The big glass box is here.

dougc
02/02/2004, 10:53 AM
My 210 gallon AGA tank has landed. This is the first picture. (http://users.rcn.com/cowper/ImageExpert/Big_Fish_Tank_/index.htm) . Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the actual event. Maybe I'll get everyone who helped together again so we can restage the move for the film crew. Yeah, right!

Funny, it doesn't LOOK that big in the picture. My wife says it will take her a while to get used to it. The wall behind the tank backs onto the garage and I am framing out a fishroom/closet for the sump, pumps, and other electrical stuff.

All the equipment is sitting upstairs; 3 Sunlight 250w HQI pendants, IceCap ballasts, VHO for actinic supplementation, 36x16x18 sump/refugium, Gen-X Mak4 return pump, MyReefCreations CR-2 reactor, 2 Tunze 6100 Streams and multicontroller, Custom Sea Life chiller, Tunze Osomolator for topoff, Kent 60GPD RO/DI, 2 titanium heaters, AquaController II, and a Sen 700 utility pump for water changes and such.

I'm waiting for electrician to come and upgrade my current pitiful 100 amp service to 200, so I can hook up the two 20 amp lines I ran to the garage yesterday. Let's hope for a break in the weather.

JazzMan
02/04/2004, 11:28 PM
Hey doug, I have the black 210 from AGa and love it. I just finished aquascaping mine and am getting ready to order the Tunze Streams and the multicontroller. My lights will be here Saturday.

Lunchbucket
02/04/2004, 11:59 PM
DANG sounds like you got some killer equipment stocked up.

keep us updated
Lunchbucket

dougc
02/07/2004, 06:13 PM
A couple more pictures. The equipment room takes shape. Jim, you are ahead of me. I figure another month before the tank sees water.

dougc
02/19/2004, 10:39 PM
Progress continues. The electrician will be here on Tuesday, February 24 to upgrade the house to 200 amp service. The equipment room is all wired up and I am now putting in the insulation (itch, itch, scratch, scratch). I will start building the tank hood on Saturday. I posted a few more construction shots (http://users.rcn.com/cowper/ImageExpert/Big_Fish_Tank_/).

Brewboy74
02/20/2004, 12:33 AM
Your running 2 Tunze 6100's in you tank right? I will be getting a 75 gal AGA in a few months time and was thinking of using a single 6100 with the controler. Would this be enough for my tank? Along with the return from the sump of course.

Thanks

dougc
02/23/2004, 07:24 AM
A 6100 might be a bit much for a 75. You could run it by Roger in the Tunze forum, though. My guess is that a 6000 will be a better fit for a 4 foot tank.