PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to dursos... on closed loop/sump

flyin2jz
02/01/2004, 11:09 PM
Just wondering because i am having trouble getting things tuned in... i have 2 1.5bulkheads in one overflow.. 9x14 i am putting 2 dursos in it... problem is one is going to the sump. The other is going to the closed loop ampmaster.... i hate the water being up to high in the overflow... feels really wrong.. like it could flood at anytime... anyone have any ideas on how to dial in 2 dursos in one overflow... im beginning to think i should used 2 overflows... Kevin or other ideas other than dursos... like just a gravity fed deal with just a prefilter sponge on it.

L and L
02/02/2004, 05:51 PM
hmmm interesting problem. I have two overflows (both 1.5"), but, they go into the sump. And my closed loop has two 1.0" intakes on the back glass.

Here's just some ideas:

1. have you taken off the durso (closed loop) and just installed a strainer halfway down the overflow. That way you're just dealing w/ one durson drain pipe.

2. Have you removed the top cap to see what happens w/ full air (not restricted any). Does it drain the same?

3. Does the sump drain go straight into the sump or does it have elbows and length to it?

4. How tall are the durso pipes? Is the water level at the top and the durso pipes are under water several inches?

5. What's your sump pump? And you might as well describe your whole plumbing system.

I've never heard of this of doing this before.. and plumbing is almost a case by case example imo. At least I'll bump you to the top =)

flyin2jz
02/02/2004, 06:34 PM
Okay ... here is what ive got.... 2 drains.... 1.5 bulkheads... and 1.5 plumbing to the dursos. One of the bulkheads go to the sump and the other to the closed loop(ampmaster 3000). then from the amp it goes to the tank... which has 3 1in holes in the back.... i guess i could make one of the holes a return.... and use the other two for the return.. here is a pic of what i have going.... the sump is fed by a straight drain down to the sump with one 1.5elbow. The sump goes to a lg 4mdqxsc which then goes to 2 sea swirls... lemme know what you think i should do.. I was wondering if the closed loop would work if i just put a prefilter down low in the overflow. It may empty faster than it can get up to the durso.. you know what im saying.... Kevin

flyin2jz
02/02/2004, 06:35 PM
pic of plumbing