PDA

View Full Version : How many Assessors?

Trumpet12
02/01/2004, 05:49 PM
I've gotten conflicting opinions about Assessors Flavissimus (yellow) and Macneilli (blue).

One fish supplier said don't mix the yellow and the blue types, and don't put more than 1 or 2 fish into a 75 gallon tank with 110 lbs of live rock that is built into two structures.

The other said these fish will hang out in a group, that 6-8 would be okay in my tank, and that the yellow and blue can be mixed.

The smaller of the rock structures has one large cave, and the larger structure has a number of very small open areas in it that are all connected.

Does anyone have any experience with these fish and an opinion about what would work in my tank?

Algae Blenny
02/01/2004, 05:55 PM
In a tank in an LFS by me they had a few yellows, and blues, and they seemed to be schooling. But that is an LFS so the fish can't develop territories.

Trumpet12
02/01/2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Algae Blenny
they seemed to be schooling

Algae Blenny,

Were the yellows schooling with the yellows and the blues schooling with the blues, or were they all schooling together?

One of the fish store people said that he thought that they schooled. Has anyone else seen these fish schooling?

Algae Blenny
02/01/2004, 07:19 PM
They were all schooling together. Are you going to get them at a fish-store or online. If you are going to get them online can you tell me which site.