PDA

View Full Version : Most Quiet Sump pumps 650-1200 GPH VOTE!

PaSReef1
02/01/2004, 04:38 PM
I wonder if most smallish sump pumps (NOT INLINE) in this category GPH are similar in sound and vibration...Having nothing to compare the Dolphin 650 pump to (what i use) since Im a noob... I'm stumped, so Im turing to the community to vote and give feedback about comparisons.. Esp IF you owned a Dolphin and tried another brand.. Im VERY interested to hear from you, so not only VOTE but post below please and share youre wisdom and insights!

What I want to know is what is the most quiet powerful affordable reliable sump pumps in your opionions.
RATED at 600 -1200 GPH+ and priced below say 60$

Please vote post your experiences and links to buy your quiet PUMP! thanks

Trackz
02/01/2004, 04:51 PM
Is yours submerged? I had heard that the Dolphins run quiet (from someone using a 900+ submerged), so I bought a 650 like yours. I haven't plugged it in yet, so I don't know how quiet it is. I hope I hope I hope it's quiet :)

PaSReef1
02/01/2004, 05:11 PM
ya its sumbmerged... I tried it inline too was fairly loud but didnt have enought clear hose to work it... Pluse it needs to be primed this way...

I only paid 41$ each for them which is pretty good.. so I would like to keep them and use them if at all possible... I think its pretty doable tho with the flex piping...pretty quiet again nothing to compare too not too bad at all..

Of course my test was done on a second floor utility room with NO carpet... using a temp plastic storage bin for the sump, tho I did pad the temp sump and the pump itself...which also helped..

I would be interested to hear your feedback using it in a sump under stand in real life situation say in a capeted house eetc etc

Please list how and what you are using it in and what you think of the volume...and sound

dont hook up PVC directly to the pump... and you should be fine...

IT does seem to put out quite a bit of water in the tank...from one end of the 55 to the the other with 1" PVC temp pipe as the eductor...not even being reduced! there is water movement all the way across (not a ton) and that is using 4 90s and about 4" of pipe!
hehhe

I dont need a hurricane in my tank so they should do fine.. esp if i add real educators to the mix!

PaSReef1
02/01/2004, 05:31 PM
tried to place poll on this thread for some reason it didnt happen I even checked the box before submitting.. oh well the poll is posted now

Thanks
Chris