PDA

View Full Version : exactly what r these?

sw-addict
02/01/2004, 06:31 AM
O.k. Well I think Ill try this picture thing again. I purchased these as a colony polyp about 6 months ago, 3 of them now there are 17. Are these things going to be a problem like aptasia.

JonK
02/01/2004, 06:57 AM
Those look like majano anemones. They can become a problem but they don't spread as fast as aipstasia. You can kill them with kalk paste. I don't know why someone(LFS) would sell them as polyps. :(

Jon

gcvt
02/01/2004, 07:58 AM
Hmm, those do look like majanos :(

I've got quite a few of those myself. I've tried kalk paste, boiling water, etc. and nothing has worked so far. I'm hoping my Joe's Juice (http://www.joesjuice.com) will work when it arrives.

gkmartinez
02/01/2004, 08:12 AM
I put the rock in my sump.

reef_freak_hou
02/01/2004, 11:22 AM
Do you guys really think they look like majanos? It's a bit difficult to tell from the picture, but they do look like wild polyps to me.

The stem/stalk seems to be too long and slender for majanos and I don't see any of the tenacles around the edges.

I have the same thing in my tank, and call them wild polyps because they don't have the same look as zoas.

Mine came as a hitchhiker on some live rock and have grown into a nice little clump.

sw-addict
02/01/2004, 11:47 AM
I don't know if this picture will help but I think that its better. And their stock can be aroud 2 1/2 inches.

LOTUS50GOD
02/01/2004, 11:53 AM
its not a polyp... looks like an anemone... nothing will host in it, so better to kill it, since it will probably spread