PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto Stands

HoopsGuru
01/31/2004, 10:40 PM
So, I'm walking through my LFS and see a Perfecto 180g tank and stand combo. I already have an empty 180g tank sitting in my garage without a stand so I took a closer look. The tank is only resting on the stand on each end and a support brace in the middle of both the front and rear.

Do you guys think that this would be safe for a saltwater tank with liverock? I was going to build my own stand but for $290 its not bad at all to skip the hassle and just buy this one. I'm just a little concerned that the tank is not supported 100% all around the edges.

Anyone with experience or opinions?

sw-addict
01/31/2004, 11:20 PM
If I were you I would build it myself. I built ours and I like it more than any that I have bought it only took 5 days from the time I bought the lumber to what you see to the left. And if you think about what you are going to have running from the tank or on the back you can incorporate it into your design. In ours you can't see any powercords or tubing unless the hood is off.

Azizza
01/31/2004, 11:24 PM
Glass tanks only need support on the corners. Larger ones like that would need the center support as well. But I have seen 75 and 90 gallon tanks supported only along the left and right side with the supports only going about 1 inch under the tank.