PDA

View Full Version : yellow watchman goby hates me

sea student
01/31/2004, 06:29 PM
I've had my yellow watchman for about 2.5 years. The problem is I almost ever see it out. For the first 2 years it was in a 29 gallon reef w/ an ocellaris clown and a bicolor angel. I wondered if the tank was too stressful so I moved it to my seahorse tank but no improvement. In both tanks I would sometimes see him out in the open, but if I come anywhere near the tank it hides. This weekend I moved it to its own tank to see how it acts as a lone fish. Are there any tips to make it more visible? Are they more outgoing if paired with a pistol shrimp?

klasiksb
01/31/2004, 06:42 PM
Ours is the same way. It helps if he picks a home that faces the front of the tank and not the back. Try rearranging your rock if you can.

Nemolovesme552
01/31/2004, 08:25 PM
I have heard on occasions that people never see theres but when they re-arrange thier rocks then he picks a new cave and they had luck with that.

pncstod
01/31/2004, 09:41 PM
I got lucky this time i re-arranged my rock work. My yellow watchman found a hole in the front of my tank:D Before that i would rarely see him at all. I could go for months not seeing him.