PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet question....

emilye2
01/29/2004, 09:18 AM
does anyone know of a place online to find descent cabinets and canopies at a reasonable price? someone had posted a link earlier to a place on ebay and they were fantastic prices for handmade cabinets (stands) however, they have closed their store. (i think it was something out of someone's garage and they just sold all they had made). Basically i'm looking for something that looks handmade (wood) without having to sell a kidney to get it. (under 300$ total for both). any suggestions?

aquaman67
01/29/2004, 10:34 AM
Does it have to be online?

If you are near a Petsmart, they have nice oak and black painted oak stands with matching canopies for 55 gallon tanks.

And here's a tip. If the display model has something wrong with it, say some screw are missing or the doors are put on backwards, you can get it for 1/2 price. You have to talk to the manager and basically beg, but I got a stand and canpoy for a 29 50% off. And all that was wrong was the above mentioned problems. $.10 for some screws and saved almost $100.

Just a thought....

emilye2
01/30/2004, 07:56 AM
Just to answer my own question, in case someone else is looking for something similar.....
stands and canopies (http://www.bluereefaquatics.com/ePlazaShowProduct.asp?catID=44)