PDA

View Full Version : Six line wrass hurt???

DEIGNAN14
01/26/2004, 08:46 PM
I got him this last saturday...

After a night or two in the tank he developed what at first looked like a bruise on his side... towards his tail...

Today some of his scales have fallen off... He seems to be ok... just wondering if I should be taking any precautions...

I do know that there is a mantis somewhere in the tank... I can hear him from time to time... Perhaps he is the culprit...

Thanks!

koj11
01/27/2004, 02:13 AM
If you do, in fact, have a mantis, your priority should be to remove him by whatever means necessary before throwing away any more money on fish.

DaveC
01/27/2004, 06:41 AM
Yea more than likely the mantis almost got him....especially since the 6-line is a smaller fish, just the right size for the mantis...I would get one of those small mantis traps and get him out, as he gets bigger, his abilities also get bigger, as in bigger fish....put him in your sump if you have one...

DaveC

witche42
01/27/2004, 07:34 AM
bummer, mantis shrimp suck. if you have it narrowed down to the rock he is in. pull that rock(if its not to big) and put it in the sump or a qt tank till you can figure out how to get rid of it.

DEIGNAN14
01/27/2004, 05:15 PM
Bump...

His wound seems to be getting larger... What do I need to watch for other than him floating at the top of the tank????

Thanks!
J

DEIGNAN14
01/27/2004, 05:26 PM
Chasiing this mantis is a lost cause... I caught one of em by luck...

Traps didnt work either...

sunnyjill
01/27/2004, 05:58 PM
doesn't sound good. hunt that mantis down.

DEIGNAN14
01/27/2004, 06:05 PM
Anyone on the health signs of the fish...

I am aware that the mantis is something that should come out...

Thanks
Jason

ziggaboo
01/27/2004, 07:00 PM
try setting up a small qt tank for the six line - keep him in there and keep him well fed. that way you dont have to worry about him getting any further injuries by the mantis - then get rid of the mantis in the other tank - do with him what you please. humane or not lol

DEIGNAN14
01/27/2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks--

Sadly, I dont really have the ability to do that right now...

I know its pretty much impossible to say but if he appears to be moving eating and acting healthy will he recover???

If he is most likely going to die I will try and find someone local who has the ability to nurse him...

Thanks alot
J