PDA

View Full Version : Server problems?

Jim in santa barbara
01/22/2004, 08:28 PM
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

While you are waiting, check out this bit of trivia:

You just spent 5 minutes typing a reply to a post, now it's gone.

You should add a paypal link to this message in order to upgrade the bandwidth a little. Just a thought.

greg s
01/22/2004, 08:37 PM
ditto!!!

wizardgus®
01/23/2004, 09:56 AM
Here's a tip for now. If you are submitting a lengthy post that you don't want to lose and encounter the server busy message. Do not click back! Click refresh. If your post didn't make it through you will be prompted that you can't refresh without resubmitting and give you that option. Click yes, resubmit. You won't lose your post. HTH

Jim in santa barbara
01/23/2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by wizardgus
Here's a tip for now. If you are submitting a lengthy post that you don't want to lose and encounter the server busy message. Do not click back! Click refresh. If your post didn't make it through you will be prompted that you can't refresh without resubmitting and give you that option. Click yes, resubmit. You won't lose your post. HTH

thanks, i guess i was just alittle frustrated

wizardgus®
01/23/2004, 07:30 PM
I know....I learned that trick the hard way. :(

dwall174
01/24/2004, 03:28 AM
Type your question or response in “MS Word� that way you will also have a spell checker :smokin: Then just copy & paste it to the forum. :D

If the server is down or busy then just transfer it to your briefcase then bring it back up later. :cool:

Cearbhaill
01/27/2004, 08:00 AM
Whenever I do a lengthy reply I always copy it before I send/submit- I've lost too many in the past to not have learned by now. Easy enough to get into the habit of hitting the "edit" button up top then "select all" then "copy".

ri
01/27/2004, 10:07 PM
Type your question or response in “MS Word� that way you will also have a spell checker

Better yet, support RC (not M$) with a donation and you'll have access to an online spell check utility that becomes part of your RC page.

ri

dwall174
01/28/2004, 02:27 AM
I'll keep that in mind next time I have some extra $$$ on hand.:D I wasn't aware that they offered any special perks for the Contributing Members :cool:

Markk96
01/28/2004, 05:26 PM
All day today there have been Server is Busy many times. Currently it is 4:25 Pm CST and the home page says there is 211 users online and I am still getting many Server is Busy messages.

musicsmaker
01/28/2004, 08:30 PM
I always cut my post then copy it back into the text field.

manderx
02/26/2004, 04:30 PM
so what exactly is the bottleneck? is it the server (memory/cpu/...) or bandwidth? how much money do they need to raise to speed things up?

JohnL
02/26/2004, 06:47 PM
There should not be a problem anymore. The message you just received was due to site maintenance.