PDA

View Full Version : Frogs at Roozen's

gastone
01/20/2004, 07:27 PM
I was at Roozen's yesterday (in Maryland, just outside of DC). They had two frogs that just came in on the morning shipment in case anyone wanted to try and save them from an almost certain death of not being fed live food.

Cute little buggers.

Lionheart
01/21/2004, 12:37 AM
Ive not heard any good things about Roozen's Nursery. I walked thru there once and was not impressed with the way they housed their fish.

Mastino Mike
01/21/2004, 06:22 AM
Roozens prices cant be beat and their selection is more than incredible. That is the only thing positive about their set up. IMO

Lionheart
01/21/2004, 04:08 PM
Whats their survival rate like?

AReeferIsExpensive
01/26/2004, 07:10 PM
i LIVE at roozens........
Selections available are SOOOO unlimited. It scares me that prices arent listed on tanks but memorized by workers....however thats just because they have such a variety of things and it changes so much that they cant write all over the tanks. hey, the tanks my look nasty when walking through, however inside of them are beautiful things!
Where do you guys go other than roozens then??
Because i havent found any place better around here! and i refuse to order anything off the net.

Mastino Mike
01/26/2004, 08:07 PM
Well I have to be honest. I have purchased all of my fish from Roozens. The prices cant be beat. I search the tanks very carefully to find fish and feed everything before I buy. I also spend at least an hour or more watching fish before I buy. I cant think of one place that has a better selection. There are alot of sick and dying fish there, but there are healthy ones also. My fish are doing fine and are growing like crazy. 7 tangs 2 angels

Lionheart
01/27/2004, 12:27 AM
Aquarium Center in Randalstown isnt bad, but a little pricey. There is also a pretty sweet place near Towson Mall, cant remember the location.

How are dry good prices at Roozens?

Lionheart
01/27/2004, 12:57 AM
Aquarium Center in Randalstown isnt bad, but a little pricey. There is also a pretty sweet place near Towson Mall, cant remember the location.

How are dry good prices at Roozens?

rmendis
01/27/2004, 12:59 AM
I've heard that Exotic Aquatics in MD has a good selection of corals, although I haven't been there myself.

mikefish
01/27/2004, 11:34 AM
Exotic Aquatics also has a very good selection of the healthiest fish I have seen anywhere. I got a YELLOW fuzzy dwarf lion there a month or so ago for $25. They make Randallstown look like Roozen's.
Mike

AReeferIsExpensive
01/31/2004, 01:17 AM
if you like young fish and nice little frags Tropical Lagoon on Georgia Avenue is a very SMALL but interesting place because of their 3 two huge tank displays

Mastino Mike
01/31/2004, 06:21 AM
I like tropical lagoon and their staff. Ive gone there for years. Steve is very cool and honest.

wee-reefer
01/31/2004, 01:44 PM
There's "A Fish Oddessy: 2001" in Timonium. Haven't been there in awhile, but I liked what I saw.

PupChow
02/01/2004, 12:22 AM
How big are the frog fish at Roozen?

LarryW
02/03/2004, 12:00 PM
Exotic Aquatics has one of the best Livestock selections around. Roozens is ok, Aquarium Center is great for Dry goods, but EA is the best when it comes to livestock. Pluse they sell southdown ;D

Lionheart
02/03/2004, 03:43 PM
I believe I went to the store in timonium. I dont remember the name, but it was in a large shopping center and was both a large and deep store. I had good healthy selection, but the prices were a bit high.

Exotic Aquatics isnt in GlenBurnie is it?

LarryW
02/03/2004, 03:51 PM
The one in glen burnie is House of tropicals. They are the closest to me, but I don't usually buy from there. I will go in when I want to look around, but they are expensive, and the livestock is so so. They do have a ok invert selection (expensive though), and I have bought from them before, but they don't have the selection, that say an Exotic Aquatics or Aquarium Center has.