PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce nudibranchs available

maractwin
01/20/2004, 05:20 PM
I've got three lettuce nudibranchs (Tridachia crispata) free to a good home.

I bought them Friday from Skipton's, hoping that they would help control the ulva algae growing rampant in my tank. And I've always thought that they were fascinating creatures. In the last 4 days they have removed every trace of the longish turf algae that I had a few patches of, but are ignoring the ulva. So they need to go elsewhere or they will starve.

http://fins.actwin.com/marine-pics/Tridachia_crispata.jpg

Anyone got a hair algae problem, or a refugium that can support these? Beware, they do like to commit suicide by powerhead.

I'm in Cambridge, near Porter Square.

Scott Merrill
01/20/2004, 05:23 PM
i do.
office tank in IT dept. is looking pretty disgraceful.
want a frag of anything in trade?

maractwin
01/20/2004, 05:38 PM
Sure, I'd take a frag if you've got anything compatible with my reef. I've got moderate lighting under compact flourescents. Montipora does well, but acro & pocillopra don't have enough light. Or an LPS or a leather. Or just consideration for future frags.

crimson156
01/20/2004, 05:51 PM
i'll take some
2 if you got em
1 if thats all thats left
i can give u some rics and shrooms whateva u want

Greg Hiller
01/20/2004, 06:19 PM
FWIW, this is one of the only organisms on earth that will consume Bryopsis.

objectfire
01/21/2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by maractwin

Anyone got a hair algae problem, or a refugium that can support these?

I could definitely use one for some tank cleanup, if they have not all been spoken for (also work in Cambridge).

Kent

maractwin
01/21/2004, 10:12 AM
Scottt's got first dibs. We're trying to figure out how many he needs. Or maybe we should keep all three together, and pass them around as they clean tanks.

karl wagner
01/21/2004, 10:18 AM
I've got a good home as well.

maractwin
01/21/2004, 11:31 AM
I'm going to give all three to Scott. We're keeping them together to better the chances that they will breed. If they overeat his tank, they will get passed to someone else.

JustDavidP
01/21/2004, 11:36 AM
If there are any more floating around, I'll borrow some! :) I too need some help with cleanup. I work in Cambridge.

karl wagner
01/21/2004, 12:11 PM
nudibranch menage a trois!!! Sounds dirty but it probably isn't.

I am just typing this so whoever types it in on google can find this thread link.

Greg Hiller
01/21/2004, 12:47 PM
FWIW, they will breed. I raised a few a while back but you need plenty of algae and a quiet place so they don't get blown around too much.

karl wagner
01/21/2004, 12:54 PM
First Scott's Fairy Wrasse, now Scott's Nudi Brothel!!!

What will he think of next?