PDA

View Full Version : How fast is too fast?

Cakepro
07/23/2001, 10:58 AM
My calcium level has fallen from about 450 ppm to about 320 ppm, and I just learned (duh) that the kalkwasser won't increase the calcium level...it will just maintain it. It seems I haven't been using enough kalk to even maintain what calcium was in the tank.

So, my question is how fast is too fast to raise the calcium back up to over 400 ppm? I have KM's liquid calcium that says I can administer every day, but does not say how much calcium it will provide in a given amount of water. Apparently, the sps and lps frags in my tank that are growing so beautifully are seriously sucking the calcium out of the water. :D

Thanks in advance!

~ Sherri ~

Cakepro
07/23/2001, 09:53 PM
Oh come on!

50 people have looked at my question and no one has an answer?

~ Sherri ~

Aquaman
07/23/2001, 10:06 PM
Don't know if their is a rate for increasing the calcium level. I would increase the level of calcium in small amounts and test over the course of a day or two.

Cakepro
07/23/2001, 10:14 PM
Yes, thank you for the information.

I specifically am hoping someone will know (not guess) by how many ppm I can safely raise the Ca level per day, in order to increase it to 450 ppm. This would involve ramping it up over 100 ppm, and I am curious if I should raise it in increments of 10 ppm daily, or 20, or 30, or what. I would like to know if too much calcium can be toxic or precipate something out of solution or cause a swing in the levels of other minerals, etc. present in the water.

~ Sherri ~