PDA

View Full Version : Black Ick!!!!!!!!!

ChrisN87
07/22/2001, 06:08 PM
Hey.....

I just got a healthy yellow tang..And while I was looking at it in my tank I saw little tiny black dots on her. I am going to treat with CopperSafe (Will it Help)...?

I have the coppersafe bottle.. But I don't have the instructions.. So I dont know how much to add.

PLEASE HELP

JohnL
07/22/2001, 06:34 PM
Chris,

See billsreef's reply to this thread.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9365

JohnL
07/22/2001, 06:36 PM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6303

ChrisN87
07/22/2001, 06:53 PM
Thanks.

If I don't treat it....Will he be ok?

JohnL
07/23/2001, 12:13 PM
Sorry, Chris, I have no idea.

FMarini
07/23/2001, 02:27 PM
Chris:
Here is a quip from Bill.....( since i have little experience w/ Black ich)

"copper does not usually work.

The tried and true method is formalin dips, do a search on this board for formalin and you will come up with the directions for use. Another possible alternative is to treat using hyposalinity, I have used this sucessfully on a couple of cases of black ich and heard of a couple of other sucess stories. Of course either of these treatments are best done with the tang in a hospital tank."

Also read the links JohnL has attached
frank

billsreef
07/24/2001, 08:51 PM
Hehe, I've been hung up with a crazed work schedule that's prevented me from being able to reply earlier and I find I've still replied ;)

Thanks John and Frank.

Chris,

Let us know how you make out. And yes you do want to treat this as I have seen it get out of control without treatment and cause the loss of fish.

Mr Nasty
07/25/2001, 12:00 PM
Leave it go , thats right dont add copper or anything. I have had a yellow Tang for years and it gets those little spots that look like pepper granules every once in awhile but they always go away ,without spreading to anything else. Of course your results may be different, but give it a try.