PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my fish

skooter
01/15/2004, 10:06 AM
New to the hobby.......want to find out if what I am feeding my fish is the right stuff.........First of all I have a 90 gallon tank. I have a shrimp goby, yellow tang, Clark clown fish, and 2 blue damsels. I currently feed them live brine shrimp, and NUTRAFUN Marine Complete Food ( for all marine fish) slow sinking morsels. I also put in a piece of seaweed selects. Just wondering if I am feeding the right stuff?? I also would like to know if there is a peaceful fish that will eat bristeworms? I have tons of them and would like to get rid of them. This is a reef tank so the fish would have to be reef safe.

aquaman67
01/15/2004, 10:58 AM
I think a long nose hawkfish eats BWs, but check that first...

skooter
01/15/2004, 11:12 AM
Oops........that's NUTRIFIN MAX, not nutraFUN... LOL

TealCobra
01/15/2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by skooter
New to the hobby....... I also would like to know if there is a peaceful fish that will eat bristeworms? I have tons of them and would like to get rid of them. This is a reef tank so the fish would have to be reef safe.

Are you sure you want to get rid of them? If you are not very familiar w/them I suggest doing some research here on RC. They are GREAT dentrivores. If you are really set on getting rid of them, Six-Line Wrasses are known to eat them (hit or miss) but I would suggest researching them as well.

If you don't already have one, you might consider getting a feeder clip for your Tang when feeding Sea-weed selects.

skooter
01/15/2004, 01:44 PM
I do use a feeder clip for the seaweed selects........also, the worms are in my liverock. I have heard they are good for the sand but, like I said, they are in the holes in my liverock. I have also read that they will bother anemones. I had an anemone die recently and am wondering if it was from the bristleworms????