PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Dart Goby Suicide

Trickman2
01/11/2004, 01:05 PM
My dart goby killed himself this morning. I got him on 02/09/2003 so he was almost a year old. The other day I notice he was stressed out lieing on the bottom. I placed him in a refegium below the tank. A day later he seemed fine so moved him back to the main tank. Everything seemed fine. He came out when i started feeding... but the tank needed more food so I put some more in. All of a sudden the dart Goby was in the corner digging wildy. The dart goby stopped and fell half in and half out of the whole he had just dug. He dug his own grave. I don't get it. I removed him promptly to place him in the refugium again but he was dead with his mouth wide open. :eek: :eek: Anyone have a goby commit suicide. It was weird. :confused:

mhurley
01/11/2004, 01:19 PM
Just curious...why do you say it was suicide? Suicide to me is jumping out of the tank. If I read your post correctly, he just dropped dead.
Was there possible a nice big bristle worm underneath the sand bed that he bumped into and got stung by?

The only interesting thing I notice is the addition of food directly before he died. New food? What kind? Did he eat any before dieing?

Sorry for the loss.
Mike

Trickman2
01/11/2004, 01:22 PM
No he didn't eat. I think he just spazzed out and killed himself it was weird.