PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic from usplastics

Dolfan
07/18/2001, 08:52 AM
Just a note to you DIY folks. I ordered an acrylic sheet from usplastic and I can tell you that there prices through the website do not match their internal pricing. So when I received my quote it differed. I called them and they are crediting but you need to know that your price may be higher. Also, they can't predict shippig intil it out the door. So my $20 sheet would have been $24+15(shipping), 39 for a 2x4x1/4 sheet. I might have been able to find it locally for about the same and not had to wait. They were fine to credit back the $4 but it was inconvienient.

Sparky
07/19/2001, 08:57 AM
I really wondered how much thier shipping would be.

I bought locally. Paid $2.85 a square foot. They charged the same amount for 1 sq. foot as a whole 4x8 sheet. They even cut it down to two 3x3 sheets that would fit in my SUV.:)

You paid 4.38 a square foot at the price of $20+$15 for shipping.:(
I was even able to buy the Weld-On adhesives I needed.

Snailman
07/19/2001, 07:18 PM
I have done a lot of business with US Plastics and have never had any problem with their prices which beats every other place I have found. I have bought far more tube than sheet. The reason the shipping was so high was because you bought a 2'x4' piece. Your shipping would have been a lot less if you had bought two 2'x'2 sheets. This is because good old UPS charges a minimum of 30 pounds for anything over 36" long. :( This means you could have gotten several 2'4' pieces for the same shipping. This is why www.marinedepot.com makes you buy several VHO tubes to get the shipping deal. Shipping included they still beat my local plastic shop. Sparky, glad to hear you have a a fair one.