PDA

View Full Version : Best type of wave makers and MH upgrades

Spike003
01/07/2004, 02:01 AM
Hey Fellow reefers, Hope you all had a good Xmas and new years.

I am looking for suggestions on adding a wavemaking system,
125 gal reef 48x24x24 with dual built in overflows amd 2 return lines.
I cant decide between using the wavemaker pro and 4 maxijets especially since reading the thread on the newer maxi jets seeming to be of a lesser quality.
Or using the SCWD alternating current type.
Has anyone tried the New WAVE2k units. Also any recomendation on the placement of these wil help.
Any and all imput is appreciatted.
Also I am upgrading my MH from 2-175 to 2-250 or 400 watts will the 250 and 400 watters fit in the same socket as the 175's and will the 400 watters be to much for the 24 inch depth although I dont think that You can have to much lighting. also I have 2 96 watt PC actinics and am thinkin of adding 2 VHO actinics to this as well. Oh yea I have SPS hard and soft corals as well as a couple clams.
Anyone out there with a similar lighting and wavemaker settup please let me know how your tank is doing with these.
Thanks in advance Guys
and Have a Good One.

Holyreefer
01/07/2004, 02:00 PM
I would say that the 250th will be ok for the 24inch depth tank, it would also help out on the output of heat & your electricity bill. As far as the wave making system i would go with the wave2k setup, personally. I haven't gotten my set up yet but there are members her on RC that woudl also say the same!