PDA

View Full Version : Green tint on LFS Rock

DEIGNAN14
01/06/2004, 07:16 PM
What does it mean when Live rock (figi) has a green tint on it...

no visible algea... just a green coloration...

My LFS has alot of this on their rocks and Im pretty sure they lied to me when I asked if it was a pest algea...

Anyway, I specifically asked and was fed a line... told me that something else had grown there at a time.. it has not gone and left this green tint... harmless....

Had another employee admit that it was apest algea but it will inevitably end up in my tank...

Have I been had?? I saved the slip and will return this if its going to a prevent coraline coverage or become a pest...

Thanks alot!

J

Mrbeachbum2
01/06/2004, 07:23 PM
Green tint are you crazy!!!???? I love that on my rocks i dis like the purple coral line algee it really brings out the tank!!!

DEIGNAN14
01/06/2004, 07:25 PM
?

brett3735
01/06/2004, 07:37 PM
green would be awsome, just check your nitrites, etc to make sure it doesnt harm anything.

Mrbeachbum2
01/06/2004, 07:43 PM
just saying that green tint on your rocks isnt wrong the question is do you like it? I do in my tanks just like brett3735 said just your nitrates and level

DEIGNAN14
01/06/2004, 08:06 PM
Great, thanks for clearing that up... I assumed that green meant pest algea...

It looks nice... Just want to make sure the tank doenst turn into Ecto-Cooler...

Thanks again!
J

xeon
01/07/2004, 12:02 AM
I have some green coraline algae in my tank. That sounds like what you might have, if you scrub it an it sticks... coraline it is. Actually I have about 5 or 6 different colors, but the greens are pretty nice looking.

Shoestring Reefer
01/07/2004, 07:51 PM
Same as xeon, i've got green in addition to other colors. The green is growing on the base rock, the other stuff is not spreading, not dying.

Funny, two (at least) other threads have started within the week about green corraline. From what others have said, make sure alk and Ca are ok, and eventualy, as the tank matures (mine's still maturing) the other colors will overtake the green.

I wonder if a bunch of green colored coraline has suddenly been shipped to the US? I never heard of it until I got some this fall, and now a lot of people are talking about it.

hammbo
01/07/2004, 08:22 PM
I had some white Tonga LR and it turned green from Greenex ich treatment.