PDA

View Full Version : Snails!

skeets
01/03/2004, 02:16 PM
Okay, besides reeftopia where do you guys buy your critters at good prices?
For the new tank I am looking to get
Turbos,
Astrea,
Nassarius,
Cerinth,
Margaritta,
Trochus(these guys are the speedy gonzales of snails)
Fighting Conch

Everywhere I know to look carries only some of these and not all of them. The only place I know that has all of these wants ridicilous price for them, and well its liveaquaria.
I hate to admit I like e-tropicals with free shipping but they have about half of the variety they used to.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

tendar
01/03/2004, 02:47 PM
Conch'S I get at Matt's he always has nice sized ones pretty cheap and Margaritas he get pretty cheap also. YOu can get turbo's from Matt but they are big and buldoze things over so I dont use them anymore.

Trochus can be a little hard to come by so pick those where ever you can. Ask Matt to get some in is best bet.

Astrea, Nassarius and cerinth at reeftopia no body cheaper

skeets
01/03/2004, 04:46 PM
Reeftopias turbos are really astreas so what the heck is reeftopias golden astrea?

I was hoping to get a order in from one place... but looks like ill need to get from a few places... anyone else know a place?

Gerard the fish
01/03/2004, 05:04 PM
These guys look like they have everything you are looking for:

http://www.justphish.com/saltwater/inverts/cleanuopcritters.htm

- g

cmontgomery
01/03/2004, 10:03 PM
Try www.saltwaterfish.com

Fliger
01/04/2004, 01:57 PM
justphist is the best. I usually order from there (twice) because prices are great and you don't have to arrange group orders since the minimum for free shipping is very low. At least they used to be. I did a $60 order one time and shipping was free.