PDA

View Full Version : Wrapped or unwrapped???

Nek
12/21/2003, 07:55 PM
When I was small, Santa always left wrapped gifts under the tree. Since I have been married, my wife tells me her gifts were always unwrapped under the tree. Now I have 2 kids....I want to wrap them, she wants them left unwrapped. I have never heard of unwrapped gifts before and was wondering what the concensus was. She says the kids lose interest opening the gifts....I for one never did.

beefcake
12/21/2003, 08:04 PM
Uhhh, that kinda takes the fun out of christmas not getting to unwrap your gifts. Put your foot down and wrap up those gifts for your kids sake!

greenbean36191
12/21/2003, 08:14 PM
Your wife had a strange childhood.

Agu
12/21/2003, 08:40 PM
Wrap those presents, use a lot of duct tape, make those rug rats cry because they can't get the presents unwrapped. Then pay a therapist lots of money because your kids had a warped childhood.

Or just buy some cheap paper and let them rip it off and let it fly, that's what Christmas is about for kids.

Agu

skippy2
12/21/2003, 08:52 PM
i have never heard of unwrapped Christmas presents. Kids need to feel the antcipation. Make your wife clean up the mess!!!!

BrianD
12/21/2003, 08:57 PM
I was ready to close this thread when I saw the title. I totally misinterpreted it.

My bad.

dwarfatize
12/21/2003, 09:12 PM
Brian you perv. LOL! BTW wrapped. It is no fun if they are not wrapped.

Cuervo
12/21/2003, 09:22 PM
We always had a mix where just a few of the choicest morsels were left unwrapped.. stuff like bikes and Tonka trucks.

I don't know if the folks couldn't figure out how to wrap the wierd shaped stuff... or most likely it was a ploy to keep us busy so they could sleep in an hour or two before we wanted present time.. hehe

Joe

ATLANTIS
12/21/2003, 09:28 PM
Wrap Em.....

I have never heard of Christmas presents, or any presents for that matter that were not wrapped!

Stretch
12/21/2003, 09:47 PM
99% of my gifts have always being wrapped, except those presents impossible to wrap, such as stuff animals:p Having wrapped presents and guessing what they are is always fun, opening them is the best part. Unwrapped gifts just seems lazy.

dogfacepuffer
12/21/2003, 09:49 PM
Ours were mixed too. Always, the big items were unwrapped, and you saw them as soon as you were at the end of the hall.

pnosko
12/21/2003, 09:55 PM
You especially want to wrap the edible underwear if you have kids.

neuroracer
12/21/2003, 10:20 PM
Funny, our things from Santa were always unwrapped. Tell your wife, I have her back... ;) Seriously, Santa's presents were always the big ones, and more fun when they're ready to go, already put together....
Where did your wife grow up?

Q-ball
12/21/2003, 10:38 PM
All of mine were wrapped, even the big ones.

Jerry W
12/22/2003, 12:13 AM
Nek,
Will the results of this poll be the deciding factor? If so, get out the paper, scissors and tape.
(wrapped here as well, btw.)

BryanJ
12/22/2003, 01:55 AM
I left my kids unwrapped for Christmas's age 1-3 then wrapped after that. Unwrapping is sometimes difficult for small children and they lose interest. By the time they are four years old they are ready to unwrap and I think a little disappointed if there is nothing to open. So if they are older wrap em'.

slipknottin
12/22/2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by BrianD
I was ready to close this thread when I saw the title. I totally misinterpreted it.

My bad.

me too, even worse, if you skip over the word "christmas" everytime it appears in this thread, every post takes on a new meaning... :eek2:

Freed
12/22/2003, 02:16 AM
WOW! Weird wife. WRAPPED. enjoy

pnosko
12/22/2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Q-ball
All of mine were wrapped, even the big ones. Were the big edible underwear yours or the wife's?

:lol:

Nek
12/22/2003, 08:26 AM
First off, I want to say I am glad Im not the crazy one. This poll is going to be the deciding factor, so it looks like we are wrapping!!!! My wife says all her family and friends never wrapped the gifts.....she is from East Boston. Its weird how she though I was crazy, and i though she was crazy.

BrianD---You should be banned for just thinking that.:)

ATLANTIS
12/22/2003, 08:30 AM
Ah.... Boston, that explains it.......

budhaboy
12/22/2003, 08:33 AM
I left my kids unwrapped for Christmas's age 1-3 then wrapped after that. Unwrapping is sometimes difficult for small children and they lose interest. By the time they are four years old they are ready to unwrap and I think a little disappointed if there is nothing to open. So if they are older wrap em'.
Lose interest??!?!?!?!?!? hell at that age they're most often more interested in the boxes and wrapping paper than the toys IME

Q-ball
12/22/2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by pnosko
Were the big edible underwear yours or the wife's?

:lol:

No comment :D

wizardgus®
12/22/2003, 12:33 PM
Gotta be wrapped! At least half the fun.

And never give children knitted coat hangers for Christmas! Or if you must, do not wrap them in a package that could be mistaken as something fun. I'm 51 years old and just starting to work through this trauma from childhood. :(

Daragon
12/22/2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ATLANTIS
Ah.... Boston, that explains it.......

Hey I'm from Boston and I have never heard of unwrapped presents.

There was nothing more exciting than on Christmas morning glaring at all those WRAPPED presents and wondering what was hidden under that wrapping paper and then ripping off the wrapping paper.

Runner
12/22/2003, 05:06 PM
Definitely wrapped. The only unwrapped ones in my memory are the bicycle and the BB gun (which was hidden behind the sofa).

Nek
12/22/2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Runner
Definitely wrapped. The only unwrapped ones in my memory are the bicycle and the BB gun (which was hidden behind the sofa).

Careful, you might shoot your eye out kid.

joeychitwood
12/22/2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by wizardgus
And never give children knitted coat hangers for Christmas! Or if you must, do not wrap them in a package that could be mistaken as something fun. I'm 51 years old and just starting to work through this trauma from childhood. :( Wow! That was brutal! I'm guessing an aunt or grandmother?

wizardgus®
12/22/2003, 06:09 PM
An Aunt...every freaking year. :rolleyes:

For some reason it came up this year in conversations with my brothers, we've been having some great laughs. Guess what? I found one! Guess what my brother is getting for Christmas from me this year? :lol:

joeychitwood
12/22/2003, 06:15 PM
An Aunt...every freaking year. :rolleyes: I had an aunt knit (and poorly I might add) a pink and baby-blue afghan blanket for me one year. I got paddled that night for acting disappointed when I opened it.

wizardgus®
12/22/2003, 06:18 PM
Oh, I was raised in the olden days. We always smiled and thanked her for the lovely gift. I always feared that fueled the repeat performances. :D

joeychitwood
12/22/2003, 06:20 PM
Oh, I was raised in the olden days. I forgot. You're a whole three years older than me!

wizardgus®
12/22/2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by joeychitwood
I forgot. You're a whole three years older than me!
Either the pics you have previously posted were a blatant misrepresentation of what you look like.

Or life has been a lot harder and more unfair to me than I previously thought. :(

dc
12/22/2003, 06:51 PM
LOL, we opened all our gifts with family Christmas Eve, and Santa always left the gifts unwrapped! Only way to go!:D

Macbeth417
12/22/2003, 06:56 PM
Unwrapped gifts? That's crazy talk.

Nek
12/22/2003, 06:59 PM
Just so you all know. My wife and I spent last night wrapping. I kept my eyes on her, especially when she had the scissors.

And who said you guys were worthless.....;) :p

wizardgus®
12/22/2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Nek

And who said you guys were worthless.....;) :p
We can always be used as a bad example. :D

dc
12/22/2003, 07:03 PM
LOL, well I had to fight Dan quite a few years to do it my way!!

Tahoe Ocean
12/22/2003, 07:43 PM
we wrap the gifts we give each other, but the ones left by Santa and the ones in the stockings from him are never wrapped. Santa only leaves one gift for each person, and it's not the biggest or the best, but the one that is a total surprise- this year Santa is leaving each child a wooden toy (Daddy actually made them) Natalie is getting a horse, and Matty is getting a truck. The stockings are stuffed with an orange in each, and some chocolates, and small things like matchbox cars and girly hair accesories.
I vote that you leave the ones from Santa unwrapped and wrap the rest.

Lionfish01
12/22/2003, 09:01 PM
We get our presents unwrapped. My parents make us wait for them to get up so they could see the joy of us unwrapping them. I guess they got tired of getting up at 5:00 in the morning.

JazzMan
12/22/2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BrianD

My bad.

ROTFLMAO :D :D :D :D

pnosko
12/23/2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Lionfish01
We get our presents unwrapped. My parents make us wait for them to get up so they could see the joy of us unwrapping them. I guess they got tired of getting up at 5:00 in the morning. You unwrap unwrapped presents? :confused:

Nek
12/23/2003, 07:40 AM
We always had oranges in the bottom of the stockings too!!

It seems like the unwrappers are now coming out of the woodwork.....

Hey, could this be the most lopsided post in RC history????/

Paul B
12/23/2003, 07:49 AM
I consider myself an expert on Santa Claus because I have been playing him for thirty years, just yesterday I was at NYU medical center for children and gifts are always wrapped unless in a hospital where they have to clean them with alcohol. My gifts from Santa were always wrapped. (My birthday is also on Christmas) So wrap those gifts and don't be so lazy or maybe Santa won't get you anything.

Runner
12/23/2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Tahoe Ocean
Santa is leaving each child a wooden toy (Daddy actually made them) Speaking as a guy who is attempting to make wooden toys for his kids, it would really stink for the credit to go to a badly dressed older guy after I put all that effort into it. ;)

Nek
12/23/2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Runner
it would really stink for the credit to go to a badly dressed older guy after I put all that effort into it. ;)

Why would Wizardgus get credit for your kids presents????

Badaboom.:D

wizardgus®
12/23/2003, 10:16 AM
Hey! I resemble that remark! :lol:

joeychitwood
12/23/2003, 10:23 AM
Hey! I resemble that remark! :lol: wizardgus, Santa Claus for the 1% ers.

wizardgus®
12/23/2003, 10:34 AM
Deck the halls with Boston Charlie,
Fa-la-la-la-la and Kalamazoo.
Santa rides a big fat Harley,
Fa-la-la-la-la and Katmandu.

Don we now,
our [edit for RAP] apparel,
etc.

Aneille
12/23/2003, 11:05 AM
Okay another Bostonian here. Weird thing is I just had this conversation with my mother about my kids gifts.

She was brought up that Santa left unwrapped gifts. My father was brought up that Santa wrapped his gifts. My gifts were wrapped except those large ones, like bikes. I think I'll probably wrap this year.

BTW both sides of my family are all from the Boston area.