PDA

View Full Version : shakey legs

needyreefer
12/21/2003, 04:29 PM
lately my legs seem to be shaking alot lately and i have been twitchy, like right now its hard to stand because my legs are shaking so bad? anyone know what this could be

joeychitwood
12/21/2003, 04:36 PM
There are many possibilities, but I'd recommend being checked soon.

Legs that are twitchy and restless at night can indicate Restless Legs Syndrome. Gradually ascending weakness beginning in the legs, shaking and loss of strength can indicate Guillain Barre Syndrome. There are many other neurological disorders which can cause the symptoms, as well as minor anxiety problems.

It is far too complex to diagnose without a complete exam and perhaps nerve conduction studies and an electromyelogram. Do not wait to be checked, especially if the symptoms worsen.

MarkS
12/21/2003, 04:36 PM
Fear?

Seriously, I don't know, but I'd make a quick trip to the doctor. Sounds like a nerve problem of some sort. This can be very serious. Then again, it could also be stress, fatigue, etc.

needyreefer
12/21/2003, 04:41 PM
what kind of nerve problem? now im nervous

MarkS
12/21/2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by needyreefer
what kind of nerve problem? now im nervous

I'm not a doctor and did not stay at the Holiday Express last night, so I don't want to scare you. I would really recommend that you get checked, like now, and do not take "Oh, it's just stress" for an answer. You should have some tests run and the neurologist will know which ones.

needyreefer
12/21/2003, 04:56 PM
like id hate to admit but im always worrying about being sick and personaly think i have some form of anxiety. I think this could be symptoms of anxiety like you said but I think i need to get it checked out still. My legs being shaky is like a feeling of me being really nervous about something

joeychitwood
12/21/2003, 05:00 PM
I think it's a good idea to get checked. Don't run to an ER, because they aren't going to be able to check the tests you might need. Start with your primary care doc.

Some sort of anxiety related syndrome would definitely be the desired cause, but you won't know until you get checked.

Most of the time, these symptoms aren't serious, so try not to worry that much.

needyreefer
12/21/2003, 05:02 PM
thanks for your help