PDA

View Full Version : I got a 6" Clown Loach for FREE!

GuidoSarduchi
12/20/2003, 06:58 PM
I was at Petco with a couple buddies two days ago, and we were looking around (they just started carrying SW). We were about ready to go when I saw a huge Clown Loach in a large tank alone with a cichlid of some kind. My friends were bugging me to leave but I asked the lady how much for the clown loach.

She said "oh... I don't think you want that fish". I inquired as to why not, and she mentioned something about it being a fin nipper, that it would eat any fish you put in with it, and it will double in size within a month. Needless to say I was dumbfounded. At this point I was 99% positive she had her facts mixed up profoundly.

So I asked her "how much". She said, "It's a freebie".

Worth the risk to me :D I took him home, put him in my FW tank, and he hasn't been a problem yet. Beautiful fish. I feel lucky considering the bigger clown loaches are extremely pricey around here.

grostanzo
12/21/2003, 11:58 AM
I love Clown Loachs. As far as freshwater fish go, one of that size could be quite expensive. I would say the girl didn't know what she was talking about. I can't image a more peaceful fish. Good luck with it.

aquaman67
12/21/2003, 12:06 PM
I have a large clown (4") in with my breeding Angel pair. I've had him for 4 years. He's cool!

I have larger gravel in that tank, almost marbel sized. He picks up rocks with his mouth and throws them. Most of the time he throws them away form the glass but sometmes he chucks a rock against the glass. I'll be sitting and start hearing "Clank....clank" and look over to see him digging...again...

Good luck...he should be fine!

FEEDERFISH
12/21/2003, 02:14 PM
Clown Loaches love to be housed in a group, they hang out in a group and seem to play games, like tag.....and that is a huge Loach I would say a price of $19.99 at my LFS!