12/19/2003, 04:34 PM
http://www.apple.com/de/macosx/applications/adobe/images/photoshop.jpg

:)

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Kengar
Appropos of the bigfoot thread, check this out

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/index.html

That's what I look like walking around the house all day in my tattered bathrobe. Of course I have a turducken under one arm.

Anemone
12/19/2003, 05:08 PM
Why would a ghost have to use the fire escape doors anyways? :D

Kevin

Kengar
12/19/2003, 05:09 PM
With the scary white face, looks sort of like Michael Jackson.

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Kengar
With the scary white face, looks sort of like Michael Jackson.

Now that's SCARRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!

lebowski
12/19/2003, 06:14 PM
Why would a ghost show up on a video camera?

I think it's fake.... But then again.. who really knows...

BrianD
12/19/2003, 06:18 PM
Who is Appropos? Is that some ancient Greek ghost?

Hmm...

You mentioned Michael Jackson. He likes small boys. Ancient greeks liked small boys.

So maybe the ghost is an ancient Greek ancestor of Michael Jackson.

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lebowski

I think they show themselves when they are in the mood.

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BrianD
Who is Appropos? Is that some ancient Greek ghost?

Hmm...

You mentioned Michael Jackson. He likes small boys. Ancient greeks liked small boys.

So maybe the ghost is an ancient Greek ancestor of Michael Jackson.

HMMMMMM (I have a puzzled look and I'm stroking my chin)

salty toes
12/19/2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by lebowski

I think it's fake.... But then again.. who really knows...

well if our eyes can see it, than a video camera can see it..

the eye and the camera work on the same principle of registering bounced light.

I think...............

BrianD
12/19/2003, 06:45 PM
How come we can see vampires then if they can't see themselves in a mirror?

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 06:49 PM

Excellent point!

salty toes
12/19/2003, 07:04 PM

newsflash............
this just in

vampires aren't real...........

lebowski
12/19/2003, 07:51 PM
newsflash............

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.. ROTFLMAO!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

paintballgoth
12/19/2003, 07:59 PM
Michael Jackson is deffinatley one scary person, the only reasno i woundnt say it was a hoax..is cuz i went there and they dont know funny over there....soo fricken dull!!

64Ivy
12/19/2003, 09:23 PM
Why would a ghost reach for a door handle?

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 64Ivy
Why would a ghost reach for a door handle?

to open the door:confused: :lol: Why else would a ghost do that?

BrianD
12/19/2003, 11:16 PM
Who said vampires aren't real? Next thing you'll be saying is there is no Santa Claus.

xien2000corp
12/19/2003, 11:37 PM
well i dont know about the rest of you but to me there isnt anything to believe or disbelieve when it comes to ghosts. they exist and thats it. i just think its kinda sad when someone excorcises one for no good reason other than they were a neausance(sp?)

my aunt for example has had one for the past 10 years since shes lived in her house and she refused to ever go into the room. when she had my cousin, she planned to switch rooms with the baby's room so that he wouldnt have to sleep in the haunted room, so she had a "ghost buster" perform an excorcism. :(

its kinda sad to me cuz i find comfort with them. theyre's a haunted road here in austin called limecreek rd that the lost souls of all the folks that have lost their lives on the windy lakeside road and its my favorite place in the world to just be at peace.

they just want to be acknowledge is all.

for what its worth, steve

Steve_B
12/19/2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by xien2000corp
well i dont know about the rest of you but to me there isnt anything to believe or disbelieve when it comes to ghosts. they exist and thats it. i just think its kinda sad when someone excorcises one for no good reason other than they were a neausance(sp?)

my aunt for example has had one for the past 10 years since shes lived in her house and she refused to ever go into the room. when she had my cousin, she planned to switch rooms with the baby's room so that he wouldnt have to sleep in the haunted room, so she had a "ghost buster" perform an excorcism. :(

its kinda sad to me cuz i find comfort with them. theyre's a haunted road here in austin called limecreek rd that the lost souls of all the folks that have lost their lives on the windy lakeside road and its my favorite place in the world to just be at peace.

they just want to be acknowledge is all.

for what its worth, steve

Well I think it's like Bigfoot, religion and politics. Sometimes people have very passionate feelings on certain things. There is no real proof for either view so it can become a heated subject. I remember the phrase "never discuss religion or politics" and I think that’s why some topics are out of bounds here, to keep it civil.

xien2000corp
12/20/2003, 01:44 AM
lol......oops sorry, yeah i guess my post does kinda sound teetering on the edge of being offended, didnt mean for it to be. i was just puttin in my two cents. i know a lot of folks dont believe in tehm but to me it just is another part of life.

i love talking about fantasms and all sorts of supernatural, its really really interesting to me to learn about them all!

take kare all, steve

slipknottin
12/20/2003, 02:15 AM
http://www.eatmilk.com/ls1/ghost.jpg

Melody
12/20/2003, 02:38 AM
Slipknottin...That was just 'wrong'!!! :D

Xien2000corp ~ I believe the souls need to be told to go to the other side. Sometimes they don't realize that they are no longer of this earth. And yes people I DO believe that! :)

CrystalAZ
12/20/2003, 03:14 AM
I lived in a house with a ghost (or ghosts??)

You knew when they were around because we had an arch from the living room to the kitchen and a little light would shine up there when things were about to happen.

Here are some examples of things that happened:

We had a long coffee table. I'd put my drink on the table in front of me while reading a book, reach down to take a drink, and the cup would be on the other end of the table (and no, the drink wasn't alcoholic haha).

If you turned on the light in the kitchen, and started walking away, the light would go off. Turn around to walk back to the light switch again, and the light would go on. Turn around again, and it would go off. This happened many times.

And once, I was in bed, and I heard very clear footsteps coming toward me (we had creaky wood floors). When the "thing" got next to me, the air got super cold and a feeling of pure evil came over me. I told it to leave and the air returned to normal. I don't know what the heck that was all about!

Anyway, I don't pretend to know whether they were ghosts, demons, aliens, creatures in another dimension, or what, but there is definitely SOMETHING out there.

I have another interesting "ghost" story if anyone wants to hear it.

Crystal

Crystal

Nek
12/20/2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by CrystalAZ

We had a long coffee table. I'd put my drink on the table in front of me while reading a book, reach down to take a drink, and the cup would be on the other end of the table (and no, the drink wasn't alcoholic haha).

Did you check the level of the table???:D :D :D :D

Sorry, I just dont believe in these things.;)

grostanzo
12/20/2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by CrystalAZ
I have another interesting "ghost" story if anyone wants to hear it.
Do tell

lebowski
12/20/2003, 12:06 PM
Oh.. I almost forgot.. I have a pretty wierd ghost story to tell you all... I completely forgot about it.. I still think that picture is fake however...

This was 2 years ago. I traveled to Poland to see my relatives. I was staying over at my aunt's house. During the time I stayed there my younger cousin, and her 2 friends and I set out on a hiking trip up the hills to this one lake at the top of the hills.. THis was a long trip.. About 4 miles up a very steep hill..

On the way we picked some corn, garlic, and such for we were going to catch a fish and cook it! We got to the lake. Unfortunately we couldn't catch a fish ( we didn't have a real fishing pole. I climbed a tree and hammerd down a very thin strong branch, I then tied the fishing line around the end).. I hooked a couple of fish, but the line that I caught coulnd't support these big 12-15 lb fish.. WE didn't have enough money to purchase anything better..

Anyways, away from that. WE went mushroom hunting.. Got some mushrooms. It was getting really dark so we started heading back through a different way.. WE were basically lost. We followed the sunset which set in the direction of our house. On the way back we came across a very high peak which overlooked the whole town. IT was beautiful.. But enough about that. WE came across a little hut, complete with the steaming chimney. There was a very beautiful passageway.. An arc that led about a mile made from vines.. WE entered to get through and we were welcomed by a very old lady with an umbrella.. She asked us if we were lost, we asked for directions.. She didn't give any to us but told us to follow the trail down to get down the mountain. I asked if I could take a picture of her ( I'm into photography and just purchased my new zenit manual SLR).. She refused.. she said we're not allowed to.. It's not allowed. ( we tought this lady was a ghost ).. She was very kind looking.. Almost had a child's face ( just wrinkly:p ). WE passed by and looked back after some 20 feet, she was standing there watching us.. I turned to watch the path and looked back, she was gone in an instant... There were no ways to get out that fast.. It was creepy. We kept talking to about her.. It was scary.

We followed down the big hills which were becoming smaller and such.. God I felt like I was in the Lord Of The Rings.. It truly felt so natural.. WE were walking barefoot the whole time with no electronics etc.. Just some backpacks and apples we picked up earlier.. We walked for about 20 minutes.. Came upon a valley with some cattle.. We wanted some milk:D ... As we approached.. THE EXACT same lady stood there holding the cows.. She looked at us, and was staring in our direction as we came closer.. She COULDN"T SEE US through the bush that was covering any view of us.. It's like she knew we were there... It was crazy.... WE looked in disblief and asked, " Excuse me mam, do you have a sister?", she replied no, I don't. WE kept arguing with her that she was just saw her or someone identical about 2 miles back.. There was no way she could have gotten there faster than us.. This lady was old... with a cane and couldn't possible have climbed those hills and through the forests...

WE started walking by to pass and she followed with a couple of cows. We were scared cause we thought she's try and let go the cows and trample us.. WE began running and she said, " Come back!Don't worry!".. Either way we ran like hell....

I kept grabbing for my camera after we reached the top of the valley.. She was leading the cows not looking at us.. I was hurrying to wind the film, and set the aperature and such and managed to get a shot through the bushes... Supposedly if you take a picture of a ghost it won't show up ( this is the beleif in Poland atleast). We walked another 500 meters and came across another ouse with a dog barking at us and an old man approaching.. WE asked for directions.. He didn't give us any...

We walked away and walked another 500m, came across a nice plump lady who was walking that way.. She was normal.. She talked to us, and offered us directions home.. She told us that those people in that house were very strange.. She told us that they had a son who was very wild and untamed, would hid in bushes and jump out at people if they were on their land or lost in the area..

THAT was VERY STRANGE... I don't know what was going on.. I really doubt that lady was a ghost.. but hold on...

WE got back home finally, passed the church and talked to the priests about what happened.. They just smiled and told us to go home..

We got home.. I took a few more shots on the way, opened my camera to take out the film.. NO FILM.... I never got a shot of her... Guess that shows how much taking pictures of that lady are not allowed...

Well, night came, it was around 11:00, I went to sleep alone in the guest room.. I turned off my tv, and layed down in the dark... The window was open and after about a couple minutes I heard footsteps walking back and forth by my windown (I was on the 2nd floor luckily.... I looked through the windown and couldn't see anything clearly.. Didn't catch anything cause I couldn't see..

I went back down, turned on my TV for light... And was scared as all hell... Turned it off after watching some old Polish classical movie.. and went down to bed.. still lhearing those footsteps... It was raining outside, wet gravel on the driveway.. so you could imagine the noise.. Just the rocks crackling underneath those black high heel boots she wore.... I knew it was that lady.. I beleived that there were ghosts from then on..

Put on my headphones.. WEnt to sleep.. With complete.. horror...

There's my story, it's very detailed and long, sorry for the length, but hey I also typed it..:)

I'll probably get a lot of comments on it.. I beleive that it was a ghost... I had 3 witnesses with me that day.. and I don't know if they heard the footsteps as well, I never told them... They never told me anything either..

CrystalAZ
12/20/2003, 03:04 PM
Did you check the level of the table???

Sorry, I just dont believe in these things.

Yes, the table was level. :) And it didn't matter what end I sat on. The cup would end up on the other end of the table. If you don't believe in these things, you've just never had it happen to you. Once you have, you know there is SOMETHING out there.

Many things like that would happen in that house. I'd set my keys down on the counter and when I came back for them, they'd be on top of the mantle (with nobody but me there)... things like that.

As for the other story, only part of it happened to me, but it was enough.

I was 18 and my sister Katt was 16. She was going out with a guy, and they were getting to the point where they wanted to go out alone. ;)

Well, I was home watching tv and Katt ran into the room freaking out, crying and shaking. Of course, I started asking her what was the matter.

She said that she and David had gone out and parked in a field a couple miles from our house. They started kissing and all of a sudden something banged on the truck. They thought someone was there so they looked around, and... nobody.

So they started kissing again and more banging started happening. This time the truck rocked back and forth as something struck the side of it.

David, not one to be afraid, jumped out of the truck to confront whoever it was, but still, nobody was there. While he was outside looking around, something started banging on the truck again. My sis said it sounded like someone throwing rocks at the truck.

Well, apparently David turned white and started screaming for Katt to get out of the truck. She jumped out and ran to him and they watched as something hit the truck.

But there was nothing there.

The sides of the truck were denting in with large "BANG!"s then popping back out as if nothing ever happened. It looked like someone was hitting the truck and the truck was rocking back and forth but absolutely nothing was there.

It stopped after a couple minutes and they stood there hugging eachother for another few minutes. Since they were out in the middle of nowhere, they had to get back into the truck. They sped home and David dropped her off.

As she told me the story I could understand why she was freaked out (but I was thinking the same thing you are... she was drunk, maybe, or they let their imaginations get carried away). But then, something happened that made it real. A laugh.

As soon as she finished her story, something LAUGHED. It was a very evil sounding laugh, but the weirdest part was it came from everywhere. In other words, we couldn't turn around to see what was laughing, because it was all around us. The windows were closed and we were the only ones there.

We both screamed and ended up sleeping in the same bed terrified.

I don't know what that was, but it was very scary.

Crystal

CrystalAZ
12/20/2003, 03:05 PM
PS - I too think that picture is fake.

I am as skeptical as anyone, but like I said, when you have it happen to you, you can't deny anymore. :)

Crystal