PDA

View Full Version : Venturi Skimmer help

Bio-Mass
12/19/2003, 02:11 PM
I'm have trouble with my HOB skimmer it's a Americle Quad I venturi not the best skimmer but it has a big reaction chamber and collection cup. It comes with a cheap blue venturi valve. So I bought a 1/2" Mazzei venturi v384 injector to get a better foam and performance. I tried running the skimmer and mazzei valve with a rio 2500 pump rated at 748gph that was not enough to get a the mazzie to suck in air. So I bought a Via Aqua 4900 pump rate at 1200gph and still can't get the mazzie to make any bubbles, you can hear and feel the injector with a good suction but hardly and bubbles are formed.
I read through other posts here and people who have the mazzie valve have good success with similar gph rated pump like I'm using. So what can the problem be? What pump do I need to run a 1/2" mazzei valve? I would like to use the injector since it was $50.00.

Bio-Mass
12/19/2003, 05:34 PM
At least take a shot at the question?

skipm
12/19/2003, 08:17 PM
I can't say for sure in your case but some injectors need to be above the water level in order to draw air in properly. Just a suggestion, Skip