PDA

View Full Version : Any good (and free) e-mail programs out there?

MarkS
12/18/2003, 06:35 PM
I just switched from MSN to RoadRunner. I DO NOT want to mess with Outlook! IE and XP give more than enough Microsoft crap to deal with!

I want something that also has newsgroup ability. Outlook recently took that out of the free version and it's just not worth paying for.

Any links?

TIA,
Mark

pnosko
12/18/2003, 09:24 PM
Why not go web-based? I've been using Yahoo for years. You can go with Hotmail even w/o MSN service. They have the best SPAM protection I've seen in a free email service. You can set it up so that only people in your address book can email you.

For newgroups, get Free Agent.

lilswanwillow
12/18/2003, 10:23 PM
you'll love this one:
netscape.net

nothing to do with microsoft, has some grouping, optional features. I don't go too deep into it, but i KNOW of a java newsgroup they have, since i had to learn how tos of java and joined.

and thats my main e-mail now. yahoo and msn just didn't do it for me, and you get tons of spam daily. netscape: nuttin.
no spam
no hassels
and you get everything free. and you can download netscape 7.1 for your web browser, and get different 'skins' for it.

the ONLY problem i have is sometimes my mail screen interferes with my browser when i'm running java.

sammystingray
12/19/2003, 06:06 AM
I use online email as well, but I do have to switch addresses once in awhile to rid myself of SPAM.

Newbie Jeff
12/19/2003, 12:07 PM
If you want a POP3 client, check out Pegasus Mail www.pmail.com

DiLLy
12/19/2003, 01:04 PM
Eudora is pretty nifty too... also free