PDA

View Full Version : The SIMS getting old

brett3735
12/16/2003, 09:02 PM
i was just surfing the forums and saw another comercial on tv about the sims. right now they have like 10 expansion packs. i never liked the first game and wanted to hear if other people have the same opinion

dellrio
12/16/2003, 09:21 PM
i think all these new SIMS things are cheap and cheezy... just.. really pathetic..

GuidoSarduchi
12/16/2003, 09:39 PM
My wife still likes the SIMS alot... I still play starcraft :D

lebowski
12/16/2003, 10:22 PM
The SIMS getting old

I found that out a few years ago...:)

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
12/17/2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by GuidoSarduchi
I still play starcraft :D

Now you're talkin. :)
I went from warcraft II --> starcraft --> diablo 2 --> warcraft III (which sucks) --> back to starcraft.

sammystingray
12/17/2003, 12:41 AM
I'm a dork, I still like the SIMS.:D I am also once again replaying Max Payne, and I can't wait to get part 2!

CrystalAZ
12/17/2003, 12:53 AM
I LOVE the Sims. It's the only computer game I play. I am very attached to my main family and make backups all the time in case something happens to my pc.

Especially if you use the money cheats so they don't have to work and you can build them an elaborate house full of all the toys you wish you had in real life. :)

Downloading skins for celebrities and such is fun too.

I have one house where Scully and Mulder, Elvis, Madonna, Space Ghost, and the alien from Alien all live together in harmony. Heheheh :D

Crystal

dc
12/17/2003, 01:29 AM
LOL, I've never liked that game! I used to hate my son to even play it.:lol:

PaintGuru
12/17/2003, 07:01 AM
I hated the sims the one time I played it. Too much work and no payoff. Now Starcraft, that was a great game. I can't believe they never made a Starcraft II.

reefguy11
12/17/2003, 10:30 AM
Age of empires 2 is the best but sims for ps2 is pretty good.

Jeff

Jamesurq
12/17/2003, 10:49 AM
never got into the sims, I always was a fan of the nation building games - Cesar, Pharoh, SimCity, etc.

Those are fun for a while.

Perschmoo
12/17/2003, 12:43 PM
there is a starcraft II due to come out shortly. it is called 'ghost' i believe, but i looked nohting like the original starcraft from the pictures i've seen. more like a 'Doom' setup. only saw a few pictures though, so who knows. if you go to blizzard.com you can see it for yourself.

Evergreen
12/17/2003, 01:52 PM
SIMS is funny. my brother plays it just so he can trap people in little walled-in places and they go nuts. It is addictive. Isn't there now "SIMS online"? I found the expansion packs to be like everquest- they make endless of them, and they only get cheesier with time

NTidd
12/17/2003, 02:25 PM
Yeh, there is a sims online with a monthly fee, shouldn't the software be free if it cost money to use it every month? Anyway, I don't care for sims, I'm a Diablo II fan but I don't play computer games very often, I'm wondering if there will ever be a diablo III.

CrystalAZ
12/17/2003, 03:00 PM
There are a lot of "monthly fee" online games... Everquest, Star Wars, and The Sims Online just to name a few.

But I have heard bad things about Sims Online. Basically, that once you reach some goals, it just becomes a big chatroom. Now THAT I wouldn't pay for. :)

Crystal

skeletor121
12/17/2003, 03:40 PM
I haven't played any of the sims games. I may if they get naked all the time. I play diablo II and motocross madness 2.

CrystalAZ
12/17/2003, 04:07 PM
You can download "naked skins" where they aren't blurred out when they shower and go to the bathroom... and some skins where they walk around naked all the time.

It's pretty funny to see naked people just milling around the house like nothing is going on. :)

Crystal

hubris007
12/17/2003, 04:13 PM
I hate all the new games that are geared toward online users. A lot of them look like they'd be pretty fun if you weren't forced to pay extra for online time and such. I got so sick of constantly dodging viruses and such that i don't even have a modem on my home pc. I only surf at work. What happened to the good old days of D and D strategy games and space flight simulators where you could just try to beat the game and get on with your life (or the next expansion)?

CrystalAZ
12/17/2003, 05:09 PM
Both of my sisters are completely addicted to Everquest. They will play it all day long!!! It's really annoying because anytime I call one of them, the whole time I'm talking I hear "clicka-clicka-clicka" while they chat to their online "friends". :)

Crystal

Anemone
12/17/2003, 05:14 PM
Ah, kids tried sims...didn't seem to take. OTOH, Warcraft (I, II, and III), Diablo (I and II), StarCraft and all the Command and Conquer games (including Generals) are all in use in my houshold.... Oh wait, those are my favorites :D

Kevin

NewMariner
12/17/2003, 09:51 PM
My wife is more addicted to the sims more then I am......but I still play....

Actually we were wanting to buy an expansion pack, but The Sims 2 is coming out in February or March I think, and we will be buying it.......its suppose to be a lot better then the original......

Myladyfish
12/18/2003, 03:51 AM
i bought the game, played only once and never played it again... gave to my sis and she didn't even touch it... she only played mario bross stuff while I play the rpgs like final fantasy... :)

sammystingray
12/18/2003, 06:06 AM
Games are pretty much the same as movies and music.......we will never agree on them, but that's OK.....to each their own.:) I seem to like games with either sweet graphics, or games that kill time such as Civ3, the SIMS, or warcraft. First person shooter games with great graphics are some of my favorites.

I am 29 now and just getting back into games really.....I think the technology is allowing games to be more complex, and that's where the interest is for me, but as we all know, this is just the start of where they're going. I have no doubt that in the near future the characters will look exactly like a real person as we see them on TV. Nothing puts a hurtin' on a PC like a good game.:)

Morrowmind, the elder scrolls III had me engrossed for a few months.....a very long game with absolutely beautiful graphics. When you start out in the world....you suck and get beat on by anyone, so you are forced to sneak and steal to get anything, but you work your way up to taking things....it's a game I recommend very highly to role players and anyone else really. You can play all types of characters, and there are tons of add-on downloads online.....new levels and new items etc. Check it out if you haven't.