PDA

View Full Version : Any Snowmobilers out there?

JG24
12/14/2003, 09:26 PM
I think I'm going to get my sled cleaned up this weekend. However I need new slides. I have the slides, but I've never put them in. I'm pretty handy. So, I was wondering if anyone could explain how to install them? They are going on a '97' Skidoo Form 500 liquid.

cowboy
12/15/2003, 11:42 AM
they r easy to put on. i used to be a skidoo mechanic. i take it u mean the hyfax need to be replaced. up at the front of the hyfax. they is a phillips head screw counter sunk with a nut on top. take the screw out and careful u don't drop the nut. they hide easy in the track. next get some spray lube. turn your track so the holes in your track will allow your hyfax to slide thruogh. spray the hyfax along thr suspinsion rail and the hole in the track. u need a hammer an a flat head screw driver. put the screw diver on the hyfax and pound it out bacwards. the hardest part might be getting it to start in the track hole. once u have them out cut the new ones to the lengh of the old ones. make sure u cut the end off with out thr screw hole. the end that u cut u need the put a bevel on it. spay down the in side of the hyfax with the lube and pound it in the way u took it out. u will need a small piece wood to pound the end of the new hyfax in with, that way u won't deform the end of the hyfax. put the screw back in and tighten and u r done. the other way is to drop the suspension and take it out. i would only do that if u have to do work on the suspension. then u have to adjust the track and that can be a pain. if u have any ? let me know it's not hard at all.
cowboy

JG24
12/15/2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks alot cowboy! Thats seems pretty easy.

joeychitwood
12/15/2003, 09:25 PM
I don't know how to repair them, but we enjoyed a 120 mile trip through Yellowstone Park last March on sleds.

There was talk last year about closing the park to snowmobiles, but if you haven't taken the trip through Yellowstone, you should.

http://images.mdlindquist.com/wyomingsign%20%28Medium%29.jpg