PDA

View Full Version : Shawna's Project

Drew_P
12/14/2003, 08:04 PM
About Shawna's Project
Something I want to do and need your help.

There is a little girl that lives next door (I think about 7 years old). She has PH (Primary Pulmonary Hypertension) which is a terminal disease usually resulting in death by age 21. She is very funny, complete with a sign on her bedroom door that says “NO BOYS ALOUD!�).

I want to get her a computer because over time her health will fail and she will be unable to venture outside as much. Right now she is full of energy but the hard part about this disease is that the heart enlarges and they die essentially from a failed heart. Since they have moved in (The parents) I have purchased them a new washing machine and dryer, and also collected other furniture.

This is what I need help with:

If anyone can donate computer equiptment I can help her have a special xmas. Her name is Shawna and I told her a couple months ago I would try to collect the parts for a computer but I am limited to older server capable parts (500's etc).

If you want to help you can e-mail me directly and we can talk via phone. You can help by donating money or sending hardware along. Monitors, cases, motherboards, memory keyboards mice etc. It obviously would be nice to build a couple three of them for the family (Two parents and 3 little kids... ugh..)

Any way, if you want to do something nice, now is the time.

I am trying to build two computers for this family (One primarily for the girl and one for the rest of the family) I am going to give them DSL access so internet access is not needed.

If you see something in the left column, that you can improve, please do so. I can swap out the commitment. The idea is to get them something they dont have to upgrade too soon.

http://www.sighost.us/shawna/

my buddy samuel is always helping people out some way shape or form.. this time it happens to be a little girl with Pulmonary Hypertension.. If you cant donate, atleast help out by passing this link around please.