PDA

View Full Version : Closed thread

mike4271
12/14/2003, 10:06 AM
Sorry Darren, I dont understand, this is not my thread, assuming you are referring to the lounge, and secondly, do you really consider the celebration of the capture of Saddam to be a political issue, not a patriotic one, I have never disagreed with a mods decision until now, please review your decision,
Thank You, Mike

I now find I cant log in to that forum, also it would have been courtious of you to move the thread as well as close it, whats wrong, dont you believe we should celebrate.

DJ88©
12/14/2003, 10:11 AM
The threads in the general discussion forum you started were removed as they did not belong there.

Religion and Politics net is the place for political discussion.

mike4271
12/14/2003, 10:18 AM
Sorry Darren, I was writing a p.m. when you replied to this

Ereefic
12/14/2003, 10:44 AM
You mise well close the lounge then. The majority of the crap in there is useless. But when there is finally a good topic in there, you close it. Free speech? I don't think so.

mike4271
12/14/2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ereefic
You mise well close the lounge then. The majority of the crap in there is useless. But when there is finally a good topic in there, you close it. Free speech? I don't think so.

DJ88 had a point we discussed in a P.M., free speech also applies to someone you dont agree with, cant really argue with that:mad:

Ereefic
12/14/2003, 10:51 AM
I'd like to hear why religion and politics can't be discussed on RC. Doesn't make sense to me.

Ereefic
12/14/2003, 10:52 AM
You should change the little description under the "The lounge" in the forums section to include "No political or religious threads"

DJ88©
12/14/2003, 10:56 AM

ereefic,

this has been discussed ad nauseam. There is a forum for political discussions.

With regards to free speech. This is a privately run board. Where the topics of discussion are chosen by the owners. Due to past problems with the lounge and peoples disagreeing views and conflicts that arose it was decided to move all political discussion off of RC and to another venue.

If you feel the discussions in here are as you said.. Crap. then don't use the lounge.. It is as simple as that. This forum is set up for reefkeeping.

Why beat a horse that isn't even above ground anymore. It is a skeleton and nearing fossilization at this time.

Mike,

Thanks. :thumbsup:

DJ88©
12/14/2003, 10:58 AM
I'd like to hear why religion and politics can't be discussed on RC. Doesn't make sense to me.

Due to the arguments and fights that were coming about due to differences in opinion.

To solve this problem RAP.net was created.

Here is a copy of the announcement.

Religion & Politics (04/08/2003 until 04/08/2010)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reef Central – an online community...

That is the introduction that welcomes visitors to this site, and also the reason for the growth and success of the board. RC is a community, represented by people from every corner of the globe. Reef Central has grown to many thousands of members representing every possible political, social, religious, and ethnic group. Through our common love of this hobby, RC members unselfishly give of their time and energy to help others. The goodwill and spirit of cooperation shown by all on this board helps tear down the walls that separate us.

Unfortunately, there are certain topics that build walls more often than tears them down. The “Religion, Politics, World Events� forum was created to give members an opportunity to discuss current events in a less structured environment. Although many members enjoy this forum, it is also very evident that topics discussed in that forum have insulted, embarrassed, and disturbed other members of Reef Central. It is also clear that by providing a venue for issues of a highly controversial nature to be debated, a great deal of animosity has developed among members of our community. Additionally, there are members of this board who are extremely valuable resources to the reefing hobbyist, but whose participation in that forum has jeopardized their standing in the community.

To protect the community and in response to the issues discussed above, the administration and moderators have determined that the “Religion, Politics, World Events� forum will be closed effective immediately. The “Lounge� will remain an area for general off-topic discussion as a continued service to our members, where subjects of a non-political or religious nature can be posted. If you would like to discuss these topics with other Reefkeepers, you can visit this new site called Religion & Politics for Reefkeepers.

We would appreciate your understanding, and cooperation in this matter. In conclusion, we would like to say to the members of this board who are in the military, or have friends, or loved ones there, that we support you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

pcmechanix
12/14/2003, 02:45 PM
[edited]

BrianD
12/14/2003, 03:07 PM
Thread closed.