PDA

View Full Version : JANUARY Meeting

Faerytale
12/13/2003, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to post the info for January's meeting.

Date - january 17, 2204
Time - 1:30 - ???
Where - Morganville, NJ (Central Jersey)

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Rosie

BobCReef
12/13/2003, 02:21 AM
Rosie, my wife and i are planing on being there. what would u like me to bring?

bob

steve68
12/13/2003, 05:50 AM
Rosie i will be there with my wife also :)
let me know what u need & i will bring it.
see u soon :)

katspaw
12/13/2003, 08:27 AM
Rosie,
I will be there more then likely with my son, :D he is my shadow after all. Let me know if you need anything.

Tracey

GROSSR
12/13/2003, 09:49 AM
Rosie, I will have to let you know as we get closer to the date. But, for now, the 3.8 mile drive to your house is something I want to do on 1/17/04.

Rich

Faerytale
12/13/2003, 11:48 AM
LOL, ok Rich..:)

Bob - I haven't quite thought that far ahead yet. Perhaps one of the salads Terry made for the picnic would be good. I am going to make baked ziti and meatballs for us to snack on...:)

Rosie

whitesquall
12/13/2003, 01:55 PM
I have never been to a meet and are looking forward to going, but don't know what to bring and what is done at these meets. are frags traded, bought & sold should I bring some food or beer?

BobCReef
12/14/2003, 02:56 PM
whitesquall

where in williamstown are u. i'm not far in winslow twp

bob

buonforte
12/14/2003, 07:21 PM
Rosie,

I will be there if I don't have to work. And of course, I'll bring the camera to capture the moment.

Alan

whitesquall
12/14/2003, 09:18 PM
bob

I'm in monroe township nj near rt520 how about you?

quantim0
12/15/2003, 01:05 PM
i'll be there. this is my first meeting and i wouldn't miss it.

Haggisman14
12/15/2003, 07:40 PM
i'm interested in coming and meeting a bunch of you. Where about are you. off the parkway...the turnpike? I'm guessing a significant others are welcome. I wouldn't have anything to trade but can't go wrong w/more and more advice.

katspaw
12/16/2003, 08:13 AM
Rosie is out exit 120 on the parkway if you are coming from the north. She didn't get her computer back yesterday as I have it and my son broke his wrist when he fell on the ice. I promise I will return it to her tonight.

Tracey

dave121
12/16/2003, 03:45 PM
ill probobly be there. it depends on my hours at work thoe.

Dave

ebqwert
12/16/2003, 04:40 PM
I'll be there too. I have a long drive too! (about 1 mile)

Rosie, What would you like me to bring?

I'll post what frags I have later.

Eric

Faerytale
12/16/2003, 07:57 PM
Ok, I'm baackkkkkkk...LOL I will respond to everyone within the next 24 hours. I just took my last exam today for school and I really can't even think straight. I went as far as plugging everythinginto the computer and not the monitor and then i sat here wondering why it wouldn't work. Enough said..:)

Rosie

SeaStar
12/16/2003, 08:18 PM
Hey Rosie, I'll see you on the 17th. Just let me know what you would like me to bring.

royy
12/17/2003, 08:13 PM
I have to get back to you on this one, Rosie. I really want to be there, but I know my wife and I have a busy January. I used to live in Morganville. Don't remember where since I was only 5 at the time. I just remeber living near a bridge. I think over a decent size river or some thing.

Roy

Faerytale
12/18/2003, 01:42 AM
I know I said I would get back to everyone tongiht about what to bring, but I need to hold it off until this weekend.

Tonight I got some very bad news about the baby my best friend was going to adopt and I was going to be godmother to. The birth mom took off without a trace even though she was due in the next few days, they have searched hospitals and the surrounding area and noone can find her or her sister. The intermediary told my friend she has been gone for a week now but didn't want to say anything until all the area hospitals were searched and it was definite the mother was gone.

I just need a couple of days to work through this because I am taking it pretty bad because of the pain my friend is going through right now and feeling like I have lost my future goddaughter who i was looking foward to spoiling.

Rosie

Faerytale
12/18/2003, 11:24 PM
Well here is the list I have so far with people who have responded:

Bob - 2
Steve - 2
Tracey - 2
Whitesquall - 1
Quantim0 - 1
Haggisman14 - 1
Eric - 1
Carmen - 1

Maybe's:
Rich -
Alan - 1 or 2
Dave - 1
Roy - 1

We will also be doin the "Grab Bag Frag" that day. So for those of you who want in on it please send me what you will be bringing for that grab bag, hard or soft coral. I will be looking for a piece from reefermadness as well for meeting buy. If you want in on it let me know.

Rosie

zerocool2382
12/18/2003, 11:32 PM
hey faery tale. It will be my first meeting but count me in. I have no frags at the time.(mostly new or small corals at the time) but would love to come meet everyone and possibly purchase some peices from other members. If theres anything i can bring(foods,drink etc) please dont hesitate to let me know.

joe

steve68
12/19/2003, 07:28 AM
count me in for the reefermadness buy :)

whitesquall
12/19/2003, 09:09 AM
how does the grab bag work? and will ther be frag swaping/selling besides the grab bag?

sorry, if this ? sounds silly but this will be my first meet.

and are looking forward to meeting everyone

71goalie
12/19/2003, 02:18 PM
could you tell me the address where the meeting is going to be held so I can see how far away it is? I live in Easton, PA, which is just across the river from NJ.

Spykey
12/19/2003, 02:51 PM
I'm in Rosie.

rji1966
12/19/2003, 08:37 PM
I am new. I would like to come. I will need directions. I would like to do the Grab Frag bag ( Hard coral). Is there a limit on how many people?

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
12/21/2003, 03:11 PM
What is the "grab frag bag" and I would need Some directions from south jersey, Blackwood, clementon etc. If someone can email me @ cre8ruckas@aol.com with directions to meeting and details about the meeting...what i need to bring etc. that would be great. Thanks in advance. See ya's soon!

John

Eric Wolfarth
12/22/2003, 09:33 AM
I am planning to attend the meeting also.

Eric

tor101898
12/22/2003, 09:51 AM
i'd like to come can you provide an address so that i may plot my course and check distance thanks

Faerytale
12/22/2003, 05:58 PM
For those of you asking here is what the Grab Bag Frag is. Each person who brings a frag for the grab bag gets their name in a hat, then a name is pulled and they get to reach into a bucket with the bags and take a frag out to take home. It will go like this until everyone's name has been pulled who participated in the event. If by chance you pull your own frag you can out it back in and pull another, we will write your name on the bag you brought so there is no confusion.

Now, for those of you who need the location I am about 10 minutes off of Parkway Exit 117A if you are coming south and about the same amount of time from Exit 117 if you are coming north. For those coming from around the Atlantic City area I am about a 90 minute ride and if you are in North Jersey about 60 minutes.

So far I have the following people for the Reefermadness group buy:
Steve68
Faerytale

I need a 4 -5 more people in order to do the buy so please get back to me by January 5 so I can place the order. This will be the purchase of one coral to be fragged at the meeting for those interested in the buy.

For the grab bag we have the following people:

Faerytale - hard coral
RJI1966 - hard coral

I will take names for this up until the night before the meeting and put a list up that morning.

Thanks,
Rosie

steve68
12/22/2003, 10:50 PM
i only have have a softie for the grab bag is that ok ?

Faerytale
12/23/2003, 02:04 AM
That's cool Steve.

Rosie

GROSSR
12/23/2003, 02:05 PM
I would like to bring more than one frag? If I brought say 3, would I get to reach into the bag 3 times?

rich

Who knows how to frag a 6 inch mushroom leather?

BobCReef
12/23/2003, 06:15 PM
Rosie

count me in on the reefermadness buy

also right now the plan is softie and hard on the grab a bag thing

bob

steve68
12/23/2003, 11:23 PM
cut the mushroom like a pizza & atach frags to pieces of rock(little rocks) useing vail make sure vail is not to tight that's how i did it :)

GROSSR
12/24/2003, 09:31 AM
This in not a mushroom, it is a leather. Maybe it should be call a toadstool leather. Can you snip a piece off the side or do you have to cut through the middle?

rich

camz28
12/24/2003, 09:59 AM
Im new to this meetings ,is a good possibility ill be there with my son if it is ok with you, if you want me to bring some chips let me know ill take care of it , thanks ralph.

Malcolm_C
12/24/2003, 10:45 AM
ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE

maybe we can carpool

everyone who can spare should donate a frag to the people hosting meetings(we can start this after my meeting if you like). any size frag will do or anytype unless the person declines. also the philly group members usally bring a cup of sand mix it all together then eveyone takes a sample back

GROSSR
12/24/2003, 12:31 PM
Rosie,

I will be happy to give you a frag of my Green Tree Kenya frag from Greg Hiller. It is a softie, in the singularia family I believe.

Do you want a piece? This was also a piece that I was going to put in the grab bag.

Rich

Faerytale
12/24/2003, 02:36 PM
That would be great Rich, and much appreciated since once the new monster is finally set up and running the small tank is going to be a softie tank.

As for 3 grab bags, I think it would work if we have enough people.

This weekend I am going to work onan updated list of who is bringing what for the grab bag and who is in on the buy.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy holiday.

Rosie

GROSSR
12/24/2003, 03:03 PM
Rosie,

If I make it or not, I will clip you a piece of the Green tree kenya.

rich

quantim0
12/24/2003, 05:04 PM
i have some frags that i can donate to the grab bag (orange capricornis, and green with purple rim cap). then i also have some frags that i am going to clip for trading if possible. (a bunch of A. caroliana, more of the same cap frags, green with orange center zoos, and possibly some other stuff)

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
12/28/2003, 11:04 AM
I got some Yellowish zoos on a 4in long peice of rock and a small 2.5in round peice of rock with little bit O' star polyps (white with yellowish tips) that i could bring for the grab bag thing, if it's cool?

Malcolm_C
01/05/2004, 07:52 AM
will we be ordering a coral for this meeting? if so let me know if you want me to paypal you some cash or we can do it like we did at bobs.

royy
01/05/2004, 08:49 AM
Rosie,
I can not make the meeting. Too bad, I really wanted to go. We are having a party for my Grandmothers 80th birthday. Maybe I will see you all in February.

Roy

Malcolm_C
01/06/2004, 12:55 PM
I need macro algae, I will take all the algae that you all can spear, I need to fill my 125. I trashed my old algae, it crashed when i changed my lights. I need somthing to compete with my hair algae.

ebqwert
01/06/2004, 01:06 PM
I have Macro Algae i can spare. I'll bring it with me.

Eric

whitesquall
01/06/2004, 02:16 PM
same here, I will be setting up a refug and need some macro if anyone else can spare some

BobCReef
01/06/2004, 05:00 PM
does anybody have directions to Rosie's house. i know its exit 117 but then what?

bob

rji1966
01/06/2004, 09:05 PM
I am going to need directions also. Rosie please PM directions,(street and house #). Thanks. Bob.

Faerytale
01/06/2004, 09:22 PM
I will be giving directions, this week. Sorry was busy with the holidays and was just trying to recover...:)

I will be settin gup a poat either later tonight or tomorrow night with everyone who is coming and all the details.

Rosie

steve68
01/06/2004, 09:28 PM
i have grape macro if u want some ?

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/06/2004, 09:56 PM
Im deffently comming...imma follow malcom! **thanks dude**
PS What should I bring???

John

Faerytale
01/07/2004, 09:42 PM
Wooooo, this is looking like it is going to be one of the larger turnouts I have seen so far for mettings. Right now we are sitting at about 23 people. Here is the list I have so far, and directions will be at the end og the post as well as my number for those who might need to contact me for anything.

List -

Bob - 2
Steve - 2
Tracey - 2
Rich - 1 M
Whitesquall - 1
Alan - 1 or 2 M
Quantim - 1
Haggisman14 - 1
Dave - 1 M
Eric - 1
Carmen - 1
Zerocool - 1
71Goalie - 1 M
Spykey - 1
Camz28 - 2 (it's cool, your son is more than welcome)
Eric - 1
Tor101898 - 1 M
Malcolm - 1
RJI966 - 1
John - 1
Rosie - 4

Food - The following people offered to bring something to the meeting. If you would like to bring something other than what is next to your name, let me know.

Rosie - baked ziti with meatballs
Bob - salad
Whitesquall - soda
Eric - chips (Ebquert)
Carmen - italian bread...:)
Zerocool - soda
Camz28 - salad
John - chips

If anyone would like to bring something for dessert that would be great.

ReeferMadness Group Buy -

Rosie
Steve
Bob
Malcolm

I will be ordering a piece this week. There are a couple of pieces I like so far so i will put them up after this email, but next week will be the final choice after seeing whatever they get in.

Grab Bag

Bob - softie
Steve - softie
Rich - softie x3
Quantim - hard
RJI966 - hard
John - softie
Rosie - softie and hard

There is still time to get added to the group buy and grab bag.

Directions:

GSP South to exit 117A, go to stop sign and make a right onto LLoyd Road. Take LLoyd Road all the way o the end and make a left onto Route 79. At your first light make a right onto Tennant Road. Go down Tennant and make your second right onto Greenwood Road. Take Greenwood to Texas Road, cross over Texas road and continue on Greenwood to Martha Place. Make a right on Martha Place and park. The address is 200 Greenwood Road, it is the second house after Martha Place.

GSP North to exit 117. Stay to your right and make a right after the blue hospital sign (if you miss the hospital sign go straight onto Rt 35 and make a right onto North Beers St. and continue with directions). At stop sign make a right onto Beers Street. Take Beers street to Bethany Road and make a right. Follow Bethany Road to LLoyd Road. Make a left onto Lloyd Road. Take LLoyd Road all the way o the end and make a left onto Route 79. At your first light make a right onto Tennant Road. Go down Tennant and make your second right onto Greenwood Road. Take Greenwood to Texas Road, cross over Texas road and continue on Greenwood to Martha Place. Make a right on Martha Place and park. The address is 200 Greenwood Road, it is the second house after Martha Place.

From Rt 18:

Route 18 South to Rt 9 Exit. Merge onto Route 9 south and take jug handle/crossover. Cross over Rt 9, your now on Texas Road. follow Texas Road to Greenwood Road and make a left. Take Greenwood to Martha Place. Make a right on Martha Place and park. The address is 200 Greenwood Road, it is the second house after Martha Place.

For all other areas here is the address:

200 Greenwood Road
Morganville, NJ

Tele: 732-970-1715

If you have any questions feel free to call.

Rosie

xtreamreefer
01/07/2004, 09:52 PM
I'll be coming also

Bill

whitesquall
01/07/2004, 09:53 PM
rosie put me down for softies, and how many bottles of soda should i bring?

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/07/2004, 10:02 PM
ok, one question....lol am I the only John in the club? You just listed first names with no log on names. If so, then Im bringing chips and a softie for the grab frag thing. Probablybinging some zoo's. And, Any request on flavor and qty. for chips?

SeaStar
01/07/2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Faerytale
Carmen - italian bread...:)

HEY I think I just took an ethnic shot. Why not french bread or even rye:D I'll let it slide this time Rosie. ;)

I probably bring something else also. Maybe dessert (NO NOT Cannoli either) if anything it will be Good Ol' American Apple Pie.

Rosie I will be part of the grab bag also just not sure if I'm bringing hard or soft or both yet.

katspaw
01/08/2004, 07:52 AM
Rosie,
Do you have enough chairs??? And yours will be the largest we have had in a private home. I have been to Rosie's and parking will be real fun. Car sharing will be the ideal thing to do. For northerns, My Truck holds 7. Any takers??? I can bring some sweets as well as it looks like the food is under control.

Tracey

Faerytale
01/08/2004, 02:23 PM
Tracey, we could probably use a few chairs and sweets would be great. John, yes you are the only John in the club right now that has responded. If there was more then one I would have put your nick after your name...LOL Carmen, careful there buddy...:) I figured coming from the north you could get better italian bread then I could. Whitesquall, judging from the amount of people who responded I would say pick up 4 or 5. I am going to pick up some water and make some iced tea here as well.

Ok, as for the group buy, I just checked out RM and they don't have very much that can get split. I saw one piece which would be ideal if noone else goes in on the buy. I will post the pic in the next post. Let me know what you guys think.

List -

Bob - 2
Steve - 2
Tracey - 2
Rich - 1 M
Whitesquall - 1
Alan - 1 or 2 M
Quantim - 1
Haggisman14 - 1
Dave - 1 M
Eric - 1
Carmen - 1
Zerocool - 1
71Goalie - 1 M
Spykey - 1
Eric - 1
Tor101898 - 1 M
Malcolm - 1
RJI966 - 1
John - 1
Bill - 1
Rosie - 4

Food - The following people offered to bring something to the meeting. If you would like to bring something other than what is next to your name, let me know.

Bob - salad
Whitesquall - soda
Eric - chips (Ebquert)
Carmen - italian bread...
Zerocool - soda
Camz28 - salad
John - chips

ReeferMadness Group Buy -

Rosie
Steve
Bob
Malcolm

I will be ordering a piece this week. There are a couple of pieces I like so far so i will put them up after this email, but next week will be the final choice after seeing whatever they get in.

Grab Bag

Bob - softie
Steve - softie
Rich - softie x3
Quantim - hard
RJI966 - hard
John - softie
Rosie - softie and hard

There is still time to get added to the group buy and grab bag.

Rosie

Faerytale
01/08/2004, 02:28 PM
OK, here is the first one...

http://www.reefermadness.us/images/RMD11210040.jpg

Acropora Nobilis

Here is the second...

http://www.reefermadness.us/images/RMD01070059.jpg

Seriatophora

They also have a pocillipora, but it's not the one I was looking for. Here it is, let me know what you think.

http://www.reefermadness.us/images/RMD12120016.jpg

Pocillopora damicornis

Rosie

BobCReef
01/08/2004, 04:29 PM
Rosie sounds like u may have to move the furniture out of the house to fit the reefers:) looks like a great turnout.
as far as the buy goes its your choice. i'm still in. do i need to paypal u the money or will we split it up when we get there.

on a side note since we have such a good turn out it would be a great oppertuinty to have a business meeting. just a thought.

bob

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/08/2004, 05:39 PM
how much it cost to get in the "group buy" thing? How's this work? When and where do i pay? Sorry for all the questions, im new to this. Thanks for your patience.

John

whitesquall
01/08/2004, 08:41 PM
rosie, i'd like to get in on the group buy how much? and put me in for bringing softies for the grabbag/trading/selling, oh and i'll bring a box of 6-2liter botels.....sound coool???

sorry for the short notice but put me down +1 either my wife or son will be coming, if thats ok with you?

BobCReef
01/08/2004, 09:16 PM
john, last time we bought one coral then fraged it evenly, divided the cost.

bob

tor101898
01/09/2004, 10:04 AM
rosie,
i must reluctantly say that i can not make it as i must work. being new to the group i was looking forward to meeting everyone, hopefuly next time

Malcolm_C
01/09/2004, 10:11 AM
i have chairs, and I'll bring wings.

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/09/2004, 06:44 PM
I like the second one faerytale, how much to get in the group buy?

Faerytale
01/10/2004, 01:59 AM
All depends on what coral is bought. The price gets split amongst the people who want in. The more people the cheaper the buy in and the smaller the frag.

Rosie

steve68
01/10/2004, 07:29 AM
Rossie may be u should limit the people that get in on the
frag i want a nice size frag or since it is going to be such big
turnout we should get 2 just a suggestion :)

Faerytale
01/10/2004, 11:35 AM
I agree Steve. I am still deciding what to do since I would like a decent size frag myself, but I also want to wait and see what RM get's in. I am going to wait till Monday. If they have something good, I will get that, if not then I am probably going to get one of the other pieces I have above.

Rosie

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/10/2004, 07:40 PM
let me know too. Im interested, depending on price. Sorry little broke over here! lol. How do i pay? Pay at the meeting?

steve68
01/11/2004, 07:59 AM
john, last time we bought one coral then fraged it evenly, divided the cost.

as bob said this is how it's done u pay at the meeting:)

lubrennan
01/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to the club also, and would like to attend. I can bring whatever you like Rosie. I don't have frags either since I'm just starting up my new nano. Excited about meeting everyone. I would need directions as well. I would be coming up the Parkway from the south, I'm thinking I would take route 18 N. I might try to bring my hubby if we can get a sitter.

Thanks,
Lucille

lubrennan
01/11/2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks I saw the posting with the directions, I'll try to bring something that isn't on the list :)

royy
01/11/2004, 01:01 PM
Rosie, I can't make the meeting, but I would be interested in the gooup buy if it can be kept under $25. I could probably make it up there either the Monday or Tuesday after the meeting to pick up my frag. My poor tank looks bare. I can use a frag or 20. I lost every coral to RTN when the stressed during the move from my 90 to the 29. Darn carpet instalation.

Roy

camz28
01/11/2004, 06:13 PM
how much do i have to put in for the group buy and is it going to be a softy , please let me know thanks ralph

steve68
01/11/2004, 06:57 PM
going to be SPS u'r beat dude :)

rji1966
01/11/2004, 10:20 PM
Rosie, if you still need someon to bring desert, I'll bring some entermann's cakes. Bob.

Kegraties
01/11/2004, 10:23 PM
I'm Kinda new to the club . I would like to come but I,m not sure if i have to work that week end i will let you know

BobCReef
01/12/2004, 07:05 PM
just cking the time is still 1:30 correct. i didn't miss any time change did i

bob

Faerytale
01/13/2004, 12:05 AM
OK, bad news, as far as the group buy goes. My sump pump went in the basement so the money I had aside for the coral is now going into the house. i was really looking foward to getting a piece. I'm not real happy about it since RM has some gorgeous pieces in now, but the house has to come before my hobby. Sorry guys. Everything else is still on and ready to go. I will be updating the list tomorrow after I get home from work.

Rosie

oscar c
01/13/2004, 09:02 AM
what a small world,hey rosie i live around the corner from you,just off of ticetown road.i will try to stop by on sat. but still not sure.

Faerytale
01/13/2004, 08:35 PM
Well it looks like we are going to have a great turnout. I will be in and out the next few days so if anyone has questions either PM or try calling me 732-970-1715. The PM will probably be the best way to get in touch with me though I know I will be home tomorrow night (not crazy enough to even think about driving in this weather).

List -

Bob - 2
Steve - 2
Tracey - 2
Rich - 1 M
Whitesquall - 2
Alan - 1 or 2 M
Quantim - 1
Haggisman14 - 1
Dave - 2
Eric - 1
Carmen - 1
Zerocool - 1
71Goalie - 1 M
Spykey - 1
Eric - 1
Malcolm - 1
RJI966 - 1
John - 1
Bill - 1
Lubrennan - 1 or 2
Kegraties - 1
Oscar c - 1 M
Rosie - 4

Bob - salad
Whitesquall - soda
Eric - chips (Ebquert)
Carmen - italian bread...
Zerocool - soda
Camz28 - salad
John - chips
RJI - dessert
Malcolm - wings
Lubrennan - somthing not on list...:)

ReeferMadness Group Buy - No longer happening, sorry folks I needed a dry basement over a coral...:)

Grab Bag

Bob - softie
Steve - softie
Rich - softie x3
Quantim - hard
RJI966 - hard
John - softie
Whitesquall - softie
Rosie - softie and hard

There is still time to get added to the grab bag.

If I forgot anyone I am really sorry, just send me a PM and I will add you to the appropriate lists.

Rosie

iamsporkie
01/14/2004, 12:00 AM
is it too late to be placed on the list? i just joined the club, but id love to attend a meeting right before school starts. i just started my nano reef, so i wont have any frags to bring, but ill bring some desert! (can my girlfriend come along too? shes fascinated by corals)

thanks
kris

lubrennan
01/14/2004, 06:41 PM
Hey Rosie, I'm so bummed, my husband needs to help his brother move on Saturday. I'm going to try and get a sitter so I can still go. What time would be too late to show up ? How long do the meetings usually last ?

Thanks,
Lucille :)

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/14/2004, 07:38 PM
Sounds good, i cant wait! Im bringing softee for the grab bad, probably some pulsing xenia and some zoo's (white with yellow centers) See ya's there! I would bring some mushrooms but need to figure out how to get um off the rock still haha.

so...
Chips
Grab bag..
pulsing xenia and zoo's

Faerytale
01/14/2004, 08:26 PM
Lucille, just bring your little one with you. there will be other children here as well and if your little one is a baby then I can steal a baby for a little bit...:)

Rosie

lubrennan
01/14/2004, 08:49 PM
That's nice of you Rosie :) but I have 2 boys, one is 4 y and the other is 6 y old. Are you sure ? Will there be others there ? I really want to go and will check for a sitter first but just in case, are you sure you wouldn't mind ?

camz28
01/14/2004, 09:43 PM
my son is going with me and he is 6

Faerytale
01/14/2004, 11:15 PM
Lucille, really it's not a problem. My daughter is going to be 13 in a few days so i am sure she could keep all the kids happy for awhile...:)

Rosie

GROSSR
01/15/2004, 05:04 PM
Rosie,

I am definite for a couple of hours. I am in on the softie frag grab bag, Green Tree Kenya, Brown singularia, and Devils hand.

Also, I think I have a SPS or a LPS not sure. I would not mind putting a piece of this thing in the SPS grab bag, if everyone says its ok.

Rich

Faerytale
01/15/2004, 06:32 PM
Great Rich. Everything is definitely coming together. I even started cooking the gravy today and tomorrow I will be making the homemade meatballs and adding that in as well as sausage. Then bright and early saturday morning i will make the ziti...:) I'm getting hungry, see everyone later.

Rosie

steve68
01/15/2004, 06:35 PM
Rosie i like ur Occupation LOL
see u saturday :)

BobCReef
01/15/2004, 06:50 PM
any special snow issues up there in that area i need to know about.

bob

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
01/15/2004, 07:10 PM
Rosie, can you PM me your address so i can get directions. Thanks. Think it will just be some zoo's for the grab bad, dont think the xenia will be ready by saturday. =*( sowwy.

Faerytale
01/15/2004, 07:27 PM
There shouldn't be any snow issues here. I will let everyone know definitely tomorrow since my butt hasn't gone out the front door all day today..tooooo cold.

Steve - I like that occupation too, but my husband keeps asking when he is going to meet my rich husband...LOL I do work though, only PT and now looking for work on weekends to fill in my unproductive time when I am not at work, school or bowling...:)

Ok, time to go finish cleaning because I'm sure the cleaning fairy isn't going to come visit so it's all up to me.

Rosie

camz28
01/16/2004, 09:47 AM
ROSIE IM NEW AT THE GRAB BAG WOULD A SMALL MUSH BE OK OR WOULD I INSULT PEOPLE IN THE GRAB BAG LMK PLEASE IM NWE SO I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT KIND IT I JUST DONT WANT ANYBODY TO BE MAD AT ME THANKS RALPH

steve68
01/16/2004, 09:50 AM
Camz28 dont type in cap's it sounds like u are YELLING !!!! :)

Malcolm_C
01/16/2004, 10:03 AM
did you put me down for the grab bag? I'll bring a hard coral.

Faerytale
01/16/2004, 11:29 AM
Ralph a mushroom should be fine, it's a grab bag.

Malcolm, I got you down for a hard coral for the grab bag.

I will be updating the list tonight with everyone who is coming. If you can't come please leave a post here so I know.

Thanks,

Rosie

SeaStar
01/16/2004, 11:54 AM
Rosie i will be in the grab bag also. Definatly softie maybe hard also.

grasshopper
01/16/2004, 02:00 PM
Rosie - as you've known (per the chats) I'll be coming -even though I haven't made it "official" by posting here. Start time is 1:30 right? I'll be there close to then w/the phos. test so you can run that if you want before things get too crazy.

!!For all who are attending!! Just a warning - my one eye currently looks like the Terminator's eyes due to a bad fight I had against a bottle of Grey Goose and the following days hang over/puking fest. So please don't think I have pink eye or anything - and yes I know it looks gross. Sorry :(

Second, if some people could bring some grape calp. that was mentioned last week that would be great.

Lastly, Rosie, I won't be bringing that frag for you since it's all bleached. I'll try to grow out my smaller frags and owe you one.

See you all tomorrow!
Caine

PS - Rosie is there any food stuffs I can bring? I see the list is full, but would like to offer something if I can.

Eric Wolfarth
01/16/2004, 02:43 PM
Rosie -

I will bring a dessert and
something for the grab bag - most likely soft.

Eric

NativeFlutes
01/16/2004, 03:29 PM
im doin the soft grab bag

lubrennan
01/16/2004, 03:53 PM
Hi Rosie, thanks for saying it's okay to bring my 2 boys. You think everyone would like taco salad, it's awesome :)

I look forward to seeing you and everyone tomorrow.

camz28
01/16/2004, 04:57 PM
Ok rosie im in for the grab bag and ill see everybody tomorrow

BobCReef
01/16/2004, 05:27 PM
i'll be there, been waiting for 2 months for this:D

bob

Hef
01/16/2004, 10:03 PM
Rosie, I didnt know this get together started at 1:30. I always assumed it was a night time adventure and I wouldnt be able to make it. It's my wifes birthday and going to a reefer meeting wouldnt go over very well. I think I can get out for a while during the day though.
Count me in. I dont have any frags to offer, I'll just stop by to meet everyone if thats ok.

Kelly

GROSSR
01/16/2004, 11:42 PM
Kelly,

Bring up a few frags of the gorgonian. Mine didn't make it. I would be happy to purchase a piece from you.

rich (sorry I drank the rest of the beer)

Faerytale
01/17/2004, 12:55 AM
Sounds good everyone. I will update in the morning when I crawl my sorry butt out of bed. Nighty night.

Rosie

katspaw
01/17/2004, 10:03 AM
Rosie,
I just got called into work, so I am not going to be able to be there. :( I know, I own my own place, but when problem happen I got to be there. I will see you guys in February at Malcolms.

Tracey

Faerytale
01/17/2004, 11:24 AM
No problem Tracey, hopefully see you at Malcolms.

Rosie

GROSSR
01/17/2004, 11:30 AM
Want to pass along to you folks who get into the area to soon. In Keyport, about 10 minutes from Rosie's is Chicken Bowling on West Front Street. Time is from noon to 2:00pm.

Keyport is the town right next to exit 117 or 117a on the GSP.

You say, What is chicken bowling? It is adapted from Turkey bowling in Minnesota. They actually bowl frozen chickens at a target. I will be there at noon.

Rich

Hef
01/17/2004, 11:36 AM
Wow, a Reef Club meeting and Chicken Bowling on the Same Day!
Doesnt get any better than that.

Rosie, I will be bringing a small frag with about 5 yellow polyps on it.
Rich I might bring you a Gorgonia Frag.

Anyone have a PH meter they could bring? Or Rosie, do you have one. I've got two PH test kits that give different results. I would like to narrow it down so I know what I've got.

Thanks
Kelly

GROSSR
01/17/2004, 12:05 PM
Kelly do you need to borrow one for a week or so, or just for the meeting?

Rich

Faerytale
01/17/2004, 12:25 PM
I do't have a PH meter. Does someone have a spare powerhead, mine is taking a crapper on me?

Rosie

rji1966
01/17/2004, 12:39 PM
I'll bring a pH pen.

Haggisman14
01/17/2004, 10:57 PM
Hope everyone had a good time @ the meeting, my names Marc and I'm pretty new to the club. Just starting up my tank now. Looking forward to getting to know everybody. L8r

lubrennan
01/18/2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Marc, welcome to the club :)

Hey everybody I was so bummed I had to leave early yesterday, my kids were close to having a mental break down :)

I did have an awesome time, it was great meeting everyone and I hope to see you all again soon. Thanks for the hospitality Rosie and family !

I got a lot of good information from many of you that I really did appreciate :) But damn I was so ticked that I missed seeing the frags, I definitely would've bought a few !!

Take care all !!