PDA

View Full Version : FlowerHorn Laid eggs

rick23
12/12/2003, 08:46 AM
Pair of flowerhorn laid eggs on this tuesday, I seperate the parents and the eggs, then the female go crazy and keep beatup the male, I think the female think that the male ate the eggs...

I put an aitstone with the eggs and a heater, some of the eggs is good, but some of them die off, should I take away the died eggs?

Anything special I need to becareful?

Thanks for the comment.

Rick

rick23
12/12/2003, 08:49 AM
I tried to look for some site, but they are pretty hard to understand ( i am new in FH).

Are there any good site about FH?

Thank You

Rick

billsreef
12/12/2003, 11:54 AM
Those are basically mutated Jack Dempsy's. Cichlids actually make great parents, tending the nest and guarding the young. It would have been better to leave the eggs with the parents. But since they're already removed, the best bet is to run an airstone so that the bubbles gently tickle the eggs. Also put in some methylene blue to help ward off fungus. Next time they lay, leave the eggs put and you'll be in for a real treat of nature ;)

rick23
12/13/2003, 04:24 PM
THanks.
But last time the Salvin male first eat all the eggs then kill the female.....

Now, the baby has come out already, still with the egg at the bottom of the body, about 100 of them. hope they can swim in a couple of days.

It only four day, so fast..

ATB USA
12/13/2003, 04:38 PM
Will the eggs even hatch? I was told the horns are a petri dish fish.

Durin
12/14/2003, 07:41 PM
The egg can hatch, the FH is fertile (at least some).

And I don't think they are mutated JDs either. More like a hybrid between a Trimac and something else, or some inbred Trimac maybe.

Personally, I think most "prized" FHs on the web just look very obese, but maybe they are interseting fishes. I don't know, have never kept one.
Here is a site I found on google:
http://www.flowerhornusa.com

rick23
12/14/2003, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reply and the site, those babys are trying to swim now, so interesting, now I tried to feed them some saltwater zooplanton, don't know will it work or not, I will try to feed them some food for FW angel fly tomorrow, see how it works.
And I will bring the camera tomorrow, hope I can post a pic here.
Rick