PDA

View Full Version : Hair opinions from the guys...

emilye2
12/11/2003, 02:12 PM
Alright guys random question time....Most men I have met prefer long straight hair on women. What's your preference? Or would you rather just see what looks good on a woman? What do you think about women that dye or highlight their hair? Do you even ponder these things at all?!?!?! :confused:

musicsmaker
12/11/2003, 02:15 PM
I like redheads. Short, long, curly, or stright, as long as it's red. It's ok if it's colored red, so long as it ALL colored red (eyebrows, ect.).

drtherc
12/11/2003, 02:25 PM
To me, the longer, the better. Think Christal Gayle. Wavy, straight, colored, whatever. And I like the fad of streaking hair, especially with Asian women. The thing I like about long hair is that they can do so many things with it. Braid it, pony tail, pig tails, corn rows. It's all good.

That being said, some women do look great with short hair. Halle Berry and Charlise Theron come to mind...

Q-ball
12/11/2003, 02:26 PM
I definately prefer longer hair...straight or curly, depends on the woman and what looks right on her. Dyed or highlighted doesn't matter to me, long as it looks "good", and I don't really have a preference when it comes to color either.

Q!!!

dkh0331
12/11/2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by emilye2
Alright guys random question time....Most men I have met prefer long straight hair on women. What's your preference? Or would you rather just see what looks good on a woman? What do you think about women that dye or highlight their hair? Do you even ponder these things at all?!?!?! :confused:

I never ponder these things at all. Whatever makes people (females for this posts purpose) feel good about themselves.

David

SoKaL ReeFiN
12/11/2003, 02:28 PM
I like long shiny shimmering hair. Not really into curly or short hair (really short..) Don't really care if it's colored or highlighted.

karm40
12/11/2003, 02:32 PM
It depends on who the hair is on. Let's see you, then we can make an educated decision.
m

thrlride
12/11/2003, 02:36 PM
I like long straight hair. Highlighted and dyed is okay. Color doesn't really matter but I prefer blonde or brunette.

Jamesurq
12/11/2003, 02:43 PM
Most men I have met prefer long straight hair on women. What's your preference?

I'm a big fan of the short curly

I'll leave it at that....

oceanicblue
12/11/2003, 03:37 PM
Blonde......... Looooooong hair, straight or curly.

G-money
12/11/2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jamesurq

Touche. (the mohawk ain't bad, either)... :)

Personally, I think it depends on the woman.
Although to me, if a woman looks good in short hair, it's a real testament to her beauty. Meaning, if she looks good in short hair, she'll look good in anything (or nothing).
Long hair is a distraction ;).

drtherc
12/11/2003, 03:46 PM

I'll leave it at that.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :jester: :inlove:

thrlride
12/11/2003, 03:47 PM
The Brazilian hair style is nice too.

drtherc
12/11/2003, 04:00 PM
Long as it's well tended...

emilye2
12/11/2003, 04:13 PM
ugh! i wondered how long it would take for this thread to end up in the toilet! :D My hair right now is medium i guess. just to my shoulders. I have had it long but it's a PITA to take care of. I have fine straightish hair and to make it look halfway presentable takes an arsinal of goo and hairspray and time i just don't have. I did go the route of highlighting once and it looked really good. I just can't justify dropping 70$ every 6 weeks for something that's going to end up caught in my shower drain! Hell I can't justify 25$ every six weeks for a haircut, which is why I usually only get a haircut 3 or 4 times a year. My problem is I would love to have fabulous looking hair and given 45 minutes I can come pretty close. However, I usually like to be out of the house in 45 minutes not soldering my hair in place with 3 cans of hairspray. I envy the women who have time for that sort of thing i guess.

thrlride
12/11/2003, 04:22 PM
Their husbands don't though, trust me!

grostanzo
12/11/2003, 04:29 PM
emilye2
I think I look better with shorter hair. But, my BF wants me to have long hair. I have very straight hair also and thin. I hate it. I just got it trimmed today after work they took a good two inches off now, it's to my shoulders. But, I agree with you. I don't understand what the deal is with long hair.

thrlride
12/11/2003, 04:32 PM
There are some benefits to long hair but I can't say them here.

My wife got more compliments on her hair when it was inches from the small of her back than she does now with it half way down her back.

CrystalAZ
12/11/2003, 04:36 PM
Well, I am not a guy, but I think it depends on the person.

For example, I think when a guy is picturing long hair, he is thinking:

http://www.universaldr.com/temp/longhair2.jpg

NOT

http://www.universaldr.com/temp/longhair1.jpg

My point... it depends on the texture of the hair, how you style it, etc. My hair is long (halfway down my bacK) and I get lots of compliments on it when it is styled, but I end up ponytailing it 90% of the time. So I am thinking about going back to shoulder length.

If hair is fine or on the other end of the spectrum, frizzy, long hair just isn't flattering in most cases.

So - what about long hair on guys?? I DON'T like long hair. I like very very short stylish hair.

Crystal

oz
12/11/2003, 04:41 PM
I prefer long hair over short and medium length over long hair.
Blonde ofcourse but golden blonde.

thrlride
12/11/2003, 04:43 PM
I don't like long hair on guys but then again I don't like guys so I am biased. Hopefully the picture of the hot blonde doesn't get the thread pulled, the mods are trigger happy with that stuff after the hottie thread.

CrystalAZ
12/11/2003, 04:49 PM
Really???? I don't see anything offensive there. It's not showing ANYTHING but her face and hair. I think if that pic got whacked, that would be a bit much. :)

Crystal

Josh125
12/11/2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by thrlride
There are some benefits to long hair but I can't say them here.

....and this posted by a guy who's name is thrlride, go figure:lol:

drtherc
12/11/2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CrystalAZ

For example, I think when a guy is picturing long hair, he is thinking:

NOT

My point... it depends on the texture of the hair, how you style it, etc. My hair is long (halfway down my bacK) and I get lots of compliments on it when it is styled, but I end up ponytailing it 90% of the time. So I am thinking about going back to shoulder length.

If hair is fine or on the other end of the spectrum, frizzy, long hair just isn't flattering in most cases.

So - what about long hair on guys?? I DON'T like long hair. I like very very short stylish hair.

Crystal

Crystal,
I think pony tails can be very sexy, too, so don't bother cutting it for me!:rollface:

thrlride
12/11/2003, 04:55 PM
I posted some pictures of Britney Spears she did for Esquire and they got whacked by wizard...

For the record, THRLRIDE is referring to my personalized tag that was on my 95 Z28. The car, not me, although that would be a good compliment. :)

G-money
12/11/2003, 05:07 PM

I think we need to see what it looks like from the front...just to get a better idea of what you mean.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/smilies/banana.gif

Lionfish01
12/11/2003, 05:27 PM
I like girls hair to be to there shoulders. Nice shiny, straight hair.

joeychitwood
12/11/2003, 06:07 PM
I like a perky, bouncy short cut (above the shoulders.) Very long hair is definitely my least favorite.

Medaka
12/11/2003, 06:47 PM
Totally depends on the woman and how it looks..some people look waaay better with certain styles :P, but If I had to choose, I would pick long hair. (at least 2 feet long.)

Same thing with men.

I HATE dyed hair (fake..might as well wear a wig), but don't care about highlights.

If you have crappy hair then having long hair is a PITA..I used to have long hair and it would take like 2 hours a day to do everything with it...comb it all the time or it would tangle up in a minute :(

mad111
12/11/2003, 07:01 PM
The length, cut or color doesn't matter to me. But... it can be a pain waiting for a woman to get ready when she has long hair.

Nuthin' sexier than a woman with a pony-tail and a baseball cap!

Jamesurq
12/11/2003, 07:02 PM
ugh! i wondered how long it would take for this thread to end up in the toilet!

If that happens it'd time for a trim....:eek2:

drtherc
12/11/2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mad111
The length, cut or color doesn't matter to me. But... it can be a pain waiting for a woman to get ready when she has long hair.

Nuthin' sexier than a woman with a pony-tail and a baseball cap!

Sans baseball cap, jersey, and jeans, of course:D

thrlride
12/11/2003, 09:34 PM
If that happens it'd time for a trim....:eek2:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Unresistible Blue
12/11/2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by musicsmaker
I like redheads. Short, long, curly, or stright, as long as it's red. It's ok if it's colored red, so long as it ALL colored red (eyebrows, ect.).

Reminds me of the Springsteen song about a redheaded woman...

musicsmaker
12/11/2003, 10:17 PM
What song was that?

pnosko
12/11/2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I think we need to see what it looks like from the front...just to get a better idea of what you mean.
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/smilies/banana.gif Someday someone may say that about your daughter! ;)

BTW, my hair is longer than most women I know. :lol:

Chris Mu.
12/11/2003, 11:02 PM
lol .. long hair .. pulled into a pony tail... that way .. it can be long for formal occasions and shorter for the normal days .. hey how come.. oh well... my poor hottie thread .. heh heh

i've liked girls with short hair ..im on the depends who boat..

although i havent seen a mullet look good on a girl yet ..lol

TheBimbo
12/11/2003, 11:40 PM
Hmmmpphhh... I finally got my hair chopped about 2 months ago, was working up to it for a long time, every time that I went to get it cut the hubby would be bummed saying that he couldn't even tell that it was cut and that I had wasted 20.00 so the one day I woke up and got it cut like the girl from trading spaces, and he really liked it and didn't even make the comment that he couldn't even tell that it was cut. But I am going every 4-5 weeks to keep the style going. So I am not saving any cash but it does feel better and it only takes me about 15 minutes to do. So it's not bad at all.... :rolleyes: :rollface: :rolleyes:

mad111 you live in altoona??? that's pretty close to me. Where do you get your fishy stuff from???

PaintGuru
12/12/2003, 07:38 AM
There are a few styles I like. As far as color goes: 1. Red, 2. Brown, 3. Black, 4. Blonde. Styles I like either longer curled or shorter "Paige Davis" like hair. Just my choices.

BigBird
12/12/2003, 03:36 PM
Short. Not buzzcut short or anything, but show off the neck!!:smokin:

Color isn't all that important, as long as its not a terrible dye job. What's up with the overdone highlights these days??

rallendorph
12/12/2003, 03:53 PM
Yep, I like long Hair. Any color is good. But, ya really got to watch the natural Redheads. They're all nuts. :eek2: Fun, but nuts.

I don't think my wife has ever done more than trim her hair. Definitely the Crystal Gail look. :D She rarely wears it free flowing though, it's almost always braided or in some sort of bondage.

Rob A. :beer:

nic-bass
12/12/2003, 11:43 PM
Anything else think they should bring back that teased hair all the girls wore in the 80's, i actually still think that is the best looking, but not if it's over a foot high ;)

I personally prefer brunettes, darker hair brings out a woman's face, IMO

pnosko
12/12/2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by nic-bass
Anything else think...Freudian slip? :lol:

jmicky41
12/13/2003, 02:22 AM
The shorter the better!!!! My last lady friend had a shaved head and it was hot!!!!!!

sammystingray
12/13/2003, 05:48 AM
.....long hair for a girl all the way. :)

Pamela
12/13/2003, 04:03 PM
Mine has been long most of my life and I still enjoy the way it feels on my back to this day. It is what is called reddish blonde with my ponytail becoming a little lighter colored than the rest from wearing my many ballcaps at work in the summer time. I do love putting it up for special occasions with all the curls here and there but will never tire of having it long. Pamela

Wolverine
12/13/2003, 04:19 PM
Whatever looks good. I've met some people who look great with long hair, and, um, not-so-great with short hair and vice versa. I think it's more a matter of what works well with the shape of your face and features, as well as the texture etc (a few others have also touched on that).

I lot of women I know who've gotten married have grown their hair out really long before the wedding, and then get it chopped short as soon as they get back from the honeymoon. Of course, this has nothing to do with this thread; it's just an observation.

Dave

PaintGuru
12/13/2003, 05:35 PM
I think pony tails are hot too.

jobryan26
12/14/2003, 10:24 AM
I love short hair which is anything above the shoulders. Example: Ashley Judd

3_high_low
12/14/2003, 11:47 AM

I think she was asking about hair that grows on the head.;)

ClemSnide
12/14/2003, 06:27 PM
Short, spikey, and blue! Or if the girl can pull it off, I've seen a few (chiseled face, but feminine), bald is awesome. I've never been with a girl with long hair, might be because I had long hair, too (now it doesn't break an inch). Or a blond for that matter. Blonde is boring, and it's so easy to dye compared to brown or black hair. She might as well do hot pink, green or blue.

NewMariner
12/14/2003, 07:18 PM
I prefer long hair as well............My wife gets the bug to cut it off sometimes, and I coax her not to.....

I just think girls with short hair look more like boys............

Steve_B
12/14/2003, 10:39 PM

http://www.universaldr.com/temp/longhair2.jpg[/IMG]

NOT

She could be wearing an army helmet and it wouldn't matter:eek1:

Bada Boom!!!!!!!!:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Steve_B
12/14/2003, 10:46 PM
Speaking of hairstyles, what gives with men’s styles lately? It’s either the disheveled look like you just got out of bed or the baldy sour. Does everybody think that whatever is fashionable at the moment will look good on them? Short hair only looks good on very good-looking people. If you’re not so good looking, when you take away the hair everything stands out. The older I get the more silly current trends seem to be.

staticfishmonger
12/15/2003, 04:53 AM
I love blonde pig-tails

downdeep
12/15/2003, 06:58 PM
Who cares. Hair is nothing but an ornament anyway. Like putting the star on top of a christmas tree. Shave it all off!!!

TheBimbo
12/16/2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by downdeep
Who cares. Hair is nothing but an ornament anyway. Like putting the star on top of a christmas tree. Shave it all off!!!

Hey now, what would your tree look like if the star was missing??? I know that my tree wouldn't look quite so good, as I'm sure other's following this thread would agree. As for the hair goes, not a guy out there that wouldn't rather have his wife/girlfriend look her best and feeling good about herself than her being dumpy and depressed. :mixed: And also, I know that I try to look my best for myself, and I know the hubby enjoys it if we run into a pal of his and I look good, verse looking dumpy... but just my thoughts as I start out this cold day in December...:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

Steve_B
12/16/2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by downdeep

our tree has a mullet.

tooshay
12/16/2003, 11:14 AM
Definitely depends on the person. My hair has always been short. Last year I decided to grow it longer for my husband, and when it was shoulder length, he said "When are you going to get your hair cut? You are starting to look like a witch"! So, I happily trotted off to the salon to get it whacked off again:)