PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get out of a contract with CELLULAR ONE?

musicsmaker
12/10/2003, 01:11 PM
This has to be the WORST service I have ever had from any company ever in my life. Over the past few months, I have not been able to use my phone hardly at all. Every couple of days something happens to their equipment and I can not get calls from house phones. It takes up to and over a week for them to fix it, then it happens again. To top it off this past Friday, after a week without my phone, it finally starts working again. Saturday morning they shut the phones off (4 on the same account) over TEN DOLLARS that THEY HAD! They take all weekend to figure it out, and they turn the phones back on this past Monday. Less than 24 hours later, I can't get calls from home based phones. Again. Then we get a bill. They have charged us for all of our cell phone to cell phone calls which are supposed to be free.

What it boils down to is this: For the past 3 months, about every 5 days, my service quits working for about 7 days, topped with a disconnect over $10 (corporate account no less), and messed up bill which was hundreds of dollars more than it should have been. I want out of this contract, and I somehow think I have legal standing.

ecugman
12/10/2003, 02:01 PM
Although I haven't had a problem using my phone.......My experience with their customer service (HA) has been very similar. They overbilled me 9 out of the 12 months I've had service with them, each time saying it wouldn't happen again. The sad thing is they are the best option in my area.

Everyone using US Cellular should check their bill thouroughly each month.

Jamesurq
12/10/2003, 02:09 PM
Threaten to contact the BBB. Do this in writing to a top executive.

bradwent
12/10/2003, 03:42 PM
Threaten to contact the BBB. Do this in writing to a top executive.

And contact their corporate office MANY times about it. You may become some annoying that they will have to deal with you. Also make calls to their corporate office and let them know how displeased you are with them and that you are telling all your friends how bad their service is. Get full names and write down dates and let the people you are dealing with know that you are logging all the information on the calls. Eventually someone will care. Worked for me when I dealt with Verizon.

Puffer Daddy
12/10/2003, 04:33 PM
Man, I hear you!!...they suck to say the least. Same here, 9/10 times they screwed me up..in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if it was more..I can only imagine how much extra money they make from fraudulent billing. I wish you luck, and lets us know if you get out of it..maybe useful for me :)

Jamesurq
12/10/2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by bradwent
And contact their corporate office MANY times about it. You may become some annoying that they will have to deal with you. Also make calls to their corporate office and let them know how displeased you are with them and that you are telling all your friends how bad their service is. Get full names and write down dates and let the people you are dealing with know that you are logging all the information on the calls. Eventually someone will care. Worked for me when I dealt with Verizon.

Don't need to take it to this level. Call up the company posing as a newspaper reporter for a non-existant but real sounding reporter and ask for their human resources department. WHen you're connected, tell them that you're doing a survey on consumer satisfaction and ask for their President of Consumer Affairs.

Direct your very well worded and thought out letter to him. Print it on high quality paper, and explain to him your dissatisfaction with some CONCRETE solutions. Simply ranting and raving will get you nowhere.

Good luck.

NathanH
12/10/2003, 07:21 PM
I have never had a problem with US Cellular out here. I have great reception and their customer service has been nothing but good. I have used them for years. Never have been overbilled. You could try asking over at www.howardforums.com Us Cellular has their own forum there and they may be able to give you some help.